At Amgen, we're not just manufacturing medicines; we're fueling a global mission to serve patients in over 100 countries. Our collaborative spirit and relentless pursuit of excellence have propelled us to the forefront of biotechnology innovation, impacting the lives of over 10 million patients worldwide. If you're ready for a career that's both meaningful and rewarding, seize the opportunity to join us as:
At Amgen Breda medicines are labelled, assembled, packed & stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Every day more than 1000 people with 40 different nationalities are working on supply chain processes, manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales of our medicines and clinical research into new medicines.
What you will do
The manufacturing department is in the center of our operations processes in Breda. The team of 150 motivated colleagues plays a vital role in Amgen’s mission: to serve patients. As Manager Manufacturing you will lead, coach, enable, mentor and develop a team of approximately 25 direct reports; process operators and line-leads, working in 3 – shifts on (semi) automated assembly and packaging lines.
With over 20 different medicines and combination products, which are shipped to 70+ countries worldwide, there is a lot of complexity in our manufacturing processes. We use innovative solutions to streamline the manual handling and cutting-edge technology to automate production steps to run the operations process as efficiently as possible. With a growing number of products, the production capacity for the Breda site will increase in the years to come.
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will manage the performance of our teams and readiness to face future challenges in manufacturing. You will:
- Mentor, coach and develop team members and ensure the use of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in our operational processes.
- Be an inspiring leader and motivator in the hall and take appropriate actions to ensure flawless execution of our labeling and packaging processes in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Drive productivity and support continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency and encourage team members to identify, present and lead process improvement projects using the Agile, Six Sigma and LEAN methodology.
- Represent manufacturing in cross-functional improvement projects, such as: implementing new equipment and systems, developing and commissioning new production lines and contributing to reach our environmental sustainability goals.
- Ensure the quality of our medicines by maturing quality- and safety awareness culture.
- Encourage First Time Right mentality and lead by example in a well-regulated (GMP & GDP) environment.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The manufacturing professional we seek is an analytical problem solver and a people-manager with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in leadership role in a highly regulated environment (for example food, technology, pharmaceutical).
- High potential who is willing to work in 3 shifts for a few years to gain shopfloor experience. This will set you up for a successful career within Operations.
- Strong people management skills and natural leader.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing principles and improvement concepts.
- Understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) preferred.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and verbal.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization.
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act.
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising competitive salary, bonus structure, fixed 13th month, holiday allowance and a collective health insurance.
- Great compensation for working in 3-shifts with a shift allowance of 31,1%.
- Focus on vitality with an on-site gym, sports fields and a restaurant with healthy food.