Intern - Life Sciences, Micro-/Cell Biology - Bio Technology Solutions (BTS)
Are you looking for an internship where you are free to take initiative? Would you like to experience working in one of the biggest multinationals in the pharmaceutical industry? We are looking for a or fourth-year HBO or MSc student Life Sciences or related who is searching for a challenging internship in our innovative company!
Your internship project
As an intern you are responsible for further developing our production processes. For this you will be setting up experiments independently and using or developing various analytical methods to help you with the research. You will be part of a project team that is supported from various departments at our company. In this case we are investigating how we can reduce or even omit the use of antibiotics from our production processes.
• Develop production processes and perform efficacy and disinfection tests. Possibly scale up your invention using techniques such as fermentation, filtration and centrifugation.
• Perform or develop analytical tests to support the production process development and disinfection, for example enzymatic assays, cell culturing and counting, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western blot.
• You will actively participate in the team and give your opinion on our projects, beyond your internship assignment.
• Providing a fresh perspective within the department: your opinion matters.
The above-mentioned responsibilities are an indication of what you will be doing after proper onboarding and initial learning and development. This provides you with the opportunity to learn and hereafter perform tasks independently. In consultation with your supervisor, you could take on additional tasks and responsibilities.
Who are you?
• A fourth-year HBO or MSc student Life Sciences or related
• You are familiar with various microbiology and cell biology techniques
• You are searching for an internship where you have the freedom to take initiative
• You are fluent in Dutch or English
• You are available for a period of at least 6 months (ideally 9 months) for 5 days a week.
What we offer:
Being an intern at our company means you will work together with a team on healthcare in an international environment. As a student, you will get the opportunity to develop yourself. In addition, we offer:
• The possibility to gain experience within the pharmaceutical industry
• The chance to show your potential
• A challenging and dynamic work environment with lots of space to develop yourself
• Professional guidance by an experienced specialist
• A placement fee of € 500,- gross per month (based on a 40-hour week).
Welcome in our team!
Are you enthusiastic about this internship? Apply today and become a part of our team!
Within our Animal Health site is the department Bio Technology Solutions (BTS). This department is located between R&D and production and works, for example, on scaling up a production process. Part of BTS is the TechHub EU. The TechHub EU consist of approximately 60 employees divided in various groups, including Early Development, Pilot, Transfer & Commercialisation. The projects you will be working on fall under the Early Development and Pilot groups.
Who we are …
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Requisition ID: R268803