Customer Service Training Specialist
In this role you are responsible for the learning needs analysis as well as the design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning solutions for the MSD field service organization. You will be part of a global learning innovation team and will be located in Eindhoven.
We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to work in a distributed team as well as independently. You’re creative, take initiative, show leadership, understand how people learn and are a great teammate. There are lots of opportunities for your own input to create new and innovative learning solutions.
As a team we are responsible for development of the newest technologies towards a specialize set of jobs skills that needs to be translated into a learning opportunity for the whole company. This is done by developing online learning material, remote training, using new technologies, video creation and via practical hands-on training in our labs. To track individual skills, we use a Skills Passport.
With the Technical Training department, we will develop close relations with colleagues from Global Tech Support, Customer Service, R&D/PG, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Management and Customer training. You will also handle ad hoc learning events, either in our own training lab or on-site at customer sites.
Main responsibilities are:
- Staying involved with new product introductions on High-End TEM products
- Analyzing learning needs
- Designing, developing, implementing and evaluating learning solutions
- Leading your own projects or being part of a project team to deliver learning solutions on time and within budget
- Keeping up to date with the technology of Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) and the daily work of field service engineers
- Conducting initial pilot training courses
The end goal is to ensure high quality output allowing learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an efficient and effective manner and contributing to customer satisfaction.
In your daily job you will closely work together with other departments, such as Training Delivery Teams (in Brno, Eindhoven and Shanghai), Field Service, New Products Introduction, Operations Engineering and Global Technical Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, preferably combined with instructional design or educational qualifications
- Technical background/experience that enables you to understand high tech concepts of electron microscopes. TEM product knowledge will be an advantage
- Instructional Design background or experience will be beneficial
- Experienced in using different media to build engaging learning solutions, such as video and animations.
- Ability to perform needs analysis with subject matter experts and translate this into the best (learning) solutions.
- Understand how people learn and capable of envisioning yourself as the learner.
- Strong analytical and structured/creative problem-solving skills (thinking out of the box)
- Pro-active attitude and creative approach to be able to deal with complicated situations
- Strong communication skills for interacting with team members and customers, and maintain effective working relationships on various levels
- Ability to work in teams with varied strengths
- Self-starter who is also highly productive when not supervised,
- Highly communicative on different levels and ability to explain difficult material.
- Ability to prioritize
- Energize, empower, encourage, and motivate learners.
- Open, honest and respectful towards others
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing, on a business level
- Prepared to travel (max 30%)
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue over $40 billion. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing efficiency in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
Thermo Fisher Scientific across the world with more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.