OE-NPI Module Project Lead
The Material and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, growing productivity, and ultimately change the world! We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy and spectroscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 5500 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges. At MSD site Eindhoven (NL) we develop, build and deliver innovative High End Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM’s). As an Operations Engineer you will join a passionate and hardworking team of 70 engineers.
This Engineering position is aiming to lead projects for modules in a dynamic and innovative Operations environment. The ideal candidate is a professional, typically responsible to run 2 to 3 projects in parallel and acts as spokesperson for assigned module projects. This position collaborates with various departments and collaborates closely with Manufacturing, Logistics, PLM, Quality, R&D, Service and Sourcing to ensure the development of sustainable products according to latest quality standards, at lowest COGS throughout the life cycle of a product. Your challenge will be the smooth introduction of new products (module level) into factory/field. Coordinates activities with colleagues focusing on modules, meeting the needs of all your customers and combining short term goals with long term needs. The NPI module project lead reports directly to the Manager Engineering System Integration.
How you will make an impact
- Leading NPI projects for assigned products/modules according to Product Management Process (PMP) on behalf of Engineering and representing Operations in project core teams
- Formulates New Product Introduction Plans for Operations (factory) and Service (filed), in accordance with goals and timing, set by management and R&D Project Manager
- Defines requirements and performs risk assessments (pFMEA) for factory, supply chain & service
- Owns NPI implementation of assigned modules to enable successful introduction
- Engage with Module Architects and design engineers early in design process for assigned NPI projects. This includes analysis of and response to module design proposals with specific DFx attention for manufacturability, testability, reliability, sustainability and serviceability
- Defines BoM structure definition and develops manufacturing processes in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts in Manufacturing, Logistics and Engineering
- Controls project progress, evaluates all project initiatives from Operations perspective, takes corrective actions when required and generates adequate reporting
- Typically requires proven experience in Operations, of which at least 3 years in the field of Engineering environment
- Bachelor or Masters degree in technical area (Physics, Engineering),
- Experience in high-tech industry with New Product Introductions, desirable in cleanroom environment, knowledge and/or experience with electron microscopy is a huge plus
- Proven track record of managing complex technical projects, project management certification is desirable
- Experienced in phased project gating process (PMP or similar method)
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining collaboration of multi-functional, multi-disciplinary groups without damaging relationships
- Collaborative team-payer with mentality to create constructive and harmonious relationships
- Ability to work in a structured way, according to plan, goals, priority and schedule
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and in writing), Dutch will be a huge plus
- Gets results, even under difficult situations and has ability to influence the best integral solutions
Of course, we all know a list of job requirements is like a wish list. Are you certain you are the ideal candidate, but you do not match every part of the requirements? We are excited to get to know you and to discuss a possible fit.
What We Offer
- Direct contract with Thermo Fisher Scientific with a competitive salary, 13th month, holiday allowance and annual incentive bonus
- Flexible working hours arrangement
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a growing global employer
- Training and courses available via our Thermo Fisher University to continuously develop yourself
- Collaborative work in an international environment
- Very attractive 40 holidays per year
- This is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time is an option for > 32 hours per week
Apart from strong benefits and compensation package, we welcome candidates that enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, groundbreaking technology environment where personal development and team collaboration are key to success, to make the impossible possible for our customers.
Diversity in our teams is an important element to create an effective and challenging working environment. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement are key values that we expect of each and every one within our organization.
Please apply with CV and Motivation Letter