Project Manager II
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
We are the Clinical Trials Division (CTD): We Supply the Hope that Changes Lives
CTD partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers around the world to ensure the right patients get the right therapies in the right doses at the right time - a concept that we internally adopt as "There is a Patient Waiting." Our unique blend of services includes project management, packaging, distribution, transportation management and specialty logistics, ancillary supply management, clinical supply optimization, bio-repository storage and much more. Our more than 4000 employees in over 15 countries work hard every day knowing that what they do matters.
Your Role in that Mission:
As a member of Global Client Services, you are part of One Global Team: Empowered to Act, Make Connections and Get Results for our customers and their patients.
The Project Manager II or APM may independently lead a less complex or limited portfolio of client projects, under the guidance of a mentor and/or provides support to a Senior Project Manager in leading studies for more complex, strategic customers. This position is critical to proactive study management and client relationships. Creative problem solving with collaboration across multiple project team members to enable delivery of an excellent customer experience and successful project outcomes in this role!
Please note this is fixed term opportunity, until 10/2024.
- Partnered with a Senior Project Manager or Project Manager, the Associate Project Manager will lead a smaller, less complex portfolio and/or support a more experienced PM with more strategic accounts.
- The Associate Project Manager is empowered to partner with the Client to finalize study specifications including potentially an initial in-person client meeting. They help to drive the study set up and maintenance of filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work undertaken, working with quality management systems.
- Partners and collaborates with the Senior Project Manager to ensure that all business activities come together in a timely manner to meet the customer and study requirements.
- Coordination and communication of all relevant activities, both internal and external to ensure that all services and products are ready for the start of the study or as required by the customer.
- Gets results through the use of appropriate project planning tools to communicate achievements and critical path activities and responsibilities.
- Partners with Master Production Scheduler to optimize production of clinical supplies balancing the customer requirements with best use of available capacity.
- Creates and/ or supports creation of batch documentation, operational documents using internal systems. This is inclusive of billing package review; also provides support and assistance to the Project Manager on financial planning and quote forecasting processes.
- Monitors project activities and day to day business as well as establishment of a customer approved job specifications.
As Demonstrated By:
- Leads several small/medium projects; may manage more complex projects with mentorship as needed from senior team members
- Structures project(s) in line with client strategy, inclusive of identifying needs, defining resource requirements, tracking performance and prioritizing improvement opportunities.
- Proactively diagnoses project challenges, developing solutions and/or overcoming undesirable situations with minimal support.
- Effectively defines and manages budgets and revisions to reflect scope changes and established commitments.
- Understands customer contract terms & conditions and skilled in negotiation techniques.
Client Relationship Management
- Able to perform and interpret a comprehensive need analysis and demonstrates an understanding of the customer’s target market.
- Maintains knowledge of Thermo Fisher's solutions portfolio and communicates company's value proposition in relation to the competition.
- Independently leverages and interprets data to ensure successful project results and customer satisfaction.
- Leads projects efficiently in different systems and maintains accountability for individual and team outcomes.
Project Management Leadership
- Seeks mentorship and guidance to drive personal development and further strengthen project management skills.
- Ensures that all communications are clear, focused, and based on a solid understanding of needs using the most appropriate medium.
- Partners with teams to quickly resolve or collaborate on solutions to problems. Facilitates alignment on timelines among cross-functional teams.
- Takes ownership for project results, fosters respect from team members, and ensures agreement on the overall vision.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Years of Experience:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in project management or client facing roles; experience in pharma environment preferred but not required
- Limited experience acceptable if holding an advanced degree
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.