Sr R&D Process Manager
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
Location/Division Specific Information
Eindhoven, Netherlands; Brno, Czechia; Hillsboro, Oregon, USA
Discover Impactful Work
The Sr R&D Process Manager collaborates with a diverse range of global partners in R&D, BU, Operations, Service and other departments to ensure that our new product development systems and processes are designed and operating efficiently to meet the needs of the business.
A day in the Life
- Drive consistent application and governance of R&D's new product development processes cross the division, while also understanding where flexibility is needed and why
- Identify and implement practical improvements to the product development process, in collaboration with global partners
- Ensure transparent and accurate financial accounting of portfolio performance
- Support, mentor, and challenge R&D and BU partners to increase the quality of project planning and reporting
- Lead and/or participate in other multi-functional projects, as assigned
Keys to Success
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or related field
- Experience leading or improving R&D development processes and business systems
- Broad operational knowledge of R&D processes and systems and the accompanying product commercialization processes
- Experience building consensus among key partners that may not be under your direct management chain
- Proficiency in English and clear, concise communication is required, both written and verbal
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Skilled in capturing and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Skilled with having a strong attention to detail with a big picture vision
- Experience using impactful visualization solutions to convey a message
- Experience managing and reporting out data from databases, SharePoint, Power BI and other data management solutions
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Ability to acquire valid passport and travel internationally as the need arises
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.