Business Unit Manager
Difference makers wanted.
If you want to be a difference maker, our people are waiting. See the difference you can make at AbbVie. We bring our energy and tenacity to work every day, finding new and better ways to help people around the world. Join us as Business Unit Manager .
Your role at AbbVie
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Business Unit Manager who will develop the brand strategy and planning together with the brand team. The TA is to be decided on. You will lead the in-field team by driving agreed upon short term sales targets and long-term objectives. You will lead brand team and launch (preparation) process for our new assets. Also, you will continue to position AbbVie as a market leader and solution-provider across the stakeholder base.
• Effectively manage and execute all marketing and sales related brand activities as per Brand Plan, such as development and implementation of commercial Brand strategy and tactical Brand activities execution and deliver sales performance in order to maximize or exceed brand sales and margin within expense budgets.
• Optimize resource utilization by leading, developing and coaching Sales Team performance including setting sales targets and incentive schemes, managing Sales Force Management Systems and Key Performance Indicators in order to continuously improve sales performance.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of customer perspectives through regular engagement with stakeholders (e.g. in-field visits)
• Hold accountability for allocated Brand P&L in terms of brand sales and financial planning (Financial Plan, Focus/Update, Long Range Plan).
• Set future direction for existing and new products and business opportunities in order to seize maximum business results.
• Ensure timely and qualitative market intelligence information flow to Brand Teams and brand strategy/tactical communication from Brand Teams to In-Field Teams in order to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
• Liaise with relevant Area and Global functions in order to integrate global and area strategy / tactics into the local brand planning strategy and execution and to facilitate the development and alignment of global and area brand vision and strategic objectives.
• As Brand Team Leader - Lead the Brand Team around a brand vision and objectives that are shared by all members. - Ensure Brand Team Members contribute to the development of the Brand strategy through the Brand Planning process in line with strategy defined by Global Brand Team, and ensure adequate involvement of multiple functions as relevant for the Brand.
• Continuously encourage Brand Team members’ collaboration and foster team spirit. Take accountability and responsibility for Brand Team activities and processes (organize / chair / facilitate Brand Team meetings)
• Develop and coach talent and build succession plans in order to ensure continuous high performance and engaged talent pipeline in Sales and Marketing.
At AbbVie, we believe the paths we take to achieve our breakthroughs matter. That how we get there is just as vital as the outcome. We get there together—all of us asking bold questions and finding new answers. Being flexible in the ways we grow and learn. And strengthening our culture built on deep, honest collaboration. For those who honor small wins and push past wrong turns, for anyone who thrives taking on the tough challenges with a diverse team:
we’re ready for you.
Great Place To Work
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide for several years in a row. We are proud of this! This recognition by Great Place to Work is reflecting employee experiences of trust, innovation, company values and leadership, across Europe. It is an acknowledgement of being a fulfilling workplace, a recognition of our culture and the result of the ways we work together.
What we ask
At AbbVie we are passionate about our work. As our professionals are driven in the quest to improve people's health, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious environment:
• Bachelor's (minimum) or Master’s degree required.
• Proven track record of successful leadership, management and coaching of teams and individuals, developing talent and managing performance.
• Relevant experience with proven track record of success in a marketing and sales leadership positions within biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
• Commercial pharmaceutical industry knowledge and experiences such as account-based selling, stakeholder management, and marketing. Experience in launch processes.
• Ability to work in an agile and effective way in leading cross-functional teams and adapting to changing market dynamics.
• Excellent working knowledge of healthcare environment and evolving landscape.
• Ability to operate and lead effectively in a matrix structure.
• Fluent in Dutch and English (written/spoken).
The salary range for the role is 90-120K annually (including holiday allowance and 13th month).
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.