HR Manager (1 Direct report) based in Zwolle
We are a dynamic biopharmaceutical company that offers you the resources you need and a global reach that empowers your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork, passion, and a culture built on diversity and inclusion to develop scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and treatments that change millions of people’s lives around the world. AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list for several years in a row. We are proud of this! Ready to bring impact to patients together?
The HR Manager is a key driver in developing and sustaining the VLOG HR strategy and Culture while ensuring VLOG continues to excel as a Best Workplace. The HR Manager has a direct reporting line to the Country HR Director.
· The HR Manager is a member of the VLOG Site Management Team. Responsible for designing, developing, and delivering the HR Strategy plan which supports the overall strategic objectives of our Operations function and to support any strategic, tactical and/or operational topic that is identified by the VLOG Site management team.
· Leads the VLOG HR department (1 direct report) to drive a comprehensive HR employee journey together with the business and carries accountability of HR related topics of ~200 people onsite.
· Support VLOG site Management team members’ with their teams outside of VLOG on various HR related topics such as performance management, talent management and development, etc. and carries indirect responsibility of another ~50 people offsite.
· Member of the national HR team and team lead for several national initiatives/projects focused mainly on country-level benefits.
· Partner with Global Functional HR & Business Leaders on several HR topics and projects.
· Maintain strong working relationships with Operations and Finance VP’s and HR Centers of Excellence teams on topics within their organization for people based at VLOG.
· Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to design and implement TA strategies for the site.
· Design & implement local employee development programs across all levels of the organization to ensure future talent is developed including leadership development programs.
· Support & realize changes in organizational structure and identify and implement initiatives that promote organizational effectiveness.
· Develop & deliver culture and employee engagement initiatives and participate in cross-functional teams to assure positive employee relations and promote a Best Workplace culture within the organization.
· Responsible for all HR branding & communications related activities.
· Works council on site responsibility including regular meetings, preparing official requests, follow-up on agreed actions etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HR or other relevant disciplines
· 7- 10 years relevant HR experience in areas like managing Employee Relations, Organizational
· Experience (at management level) in a matrixed, international environment
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· People management experience preferred
· Team worker
· Influencing skills
· Good knowledge of local labor laws and practices
· Fluently in Dutch and English both verbally and in written.
What are we looking for? You ....
· Operate with an enterprise perspective, putting overall AbbVie before individual or functional
· Inspire and motivate others toward a shared purpose.
· Set clear strategies and robust implementation plans.
· Deliver business results while also positioning AbbVie for long-term success.
· Deal comfortably with risk and ambiguity, change course when needed.
· Act respectfully yet courageously; say what needs to be said.
· Are persistent and resilient—find the way to move good ideas forward.
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.