Medical Advisor Gastroenterology
Imagine a role where you can make a profound impact on the lives of patients, where your expertise and passion for medical affairs can shape the future of healthcare. AbbVie invites you to join our remarkable team as a Medical Advisor Gastroenterology .
Your role at AbbVie
As the Medical Advisor, you'll hold the reins as the subject matter expert in our therapeutic area, armed with in-depth scientific knowledge on unmet needs and cutting-edge treatment strategies, including our innovative AbbVie products. This role presents a unique opportunity to build and establish strong medical leadership, where you'll work closely with both office and in-field teams, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the market and representing our product on a national scale. By executing brand strategies into in-field medical activities, you'll play a vital role in enhancing the quality of care for patients. Join will join an enthusiastic team within the Medical Affairs department, and report directly to the Head of Medical Affairs.
• Work collaboratively with the Head of Medical Affairs to develop and execute a comprehensive medical affairs plan, ensuring a strategic approach that drives transformative results.
• Collaborate seamlessly with in-field team members to execute brand and account plans through aligned Cycle Plans and in-field excellence.
• Serve as the primary point of contact within the medical affairs team for Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), addressing their needs for scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area. Additionally, when requested, provide information on relevant AbbVie medicines to support their safe, effective, and appropriate usage.
• Gain insights relevant to the strategic brand planning process and, provide input in the development of a cross functional, insight-driven brand strategy.
• Provide medical and scientific expertise to the brand team and in-field team as to support the brand and account strategy and drive executional excellence.
• Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups, when relevant.
• Collaborate with clinical counterpart the initiation, oversight and follow up of current and future studies to ensure rapid and flawless execution of the clinical trial program.
• Serve as the infield medical lead for medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area.
• Attend and participate in relevant scientific meetings and conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform AbbVie strategic priorities and initiatives.
At AbbVie, we believe the paths we take to achieve our breakthroughs matter. That how we get there is just as vital as the outcome. We get there together—all of us asking bold questions and finding new answers. Being flexible in the ways we grow and learn. And strengthening our culture built on deep, honest collaboration. For those who honor small wins and push past wrong turns, for anyone who thrives taking on the tough challenges with a diverse team:
we’re ready for you.
Great Place To Work
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide for several years in a row. We are proud of this! This recognition by Great Place to Work is reflecting employee experiences of trust, innovation, company values and leadership, across Europe. It is an acknowledgement of being a fulfilling workplace, a recognition of our culture and the result of the ways we work together.
What we ask
• Hold a degree in medicine, pharmaceutical sciences, biology, or medical biology.
• Minimum of 3 years of medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Strong preference for experience as an MSL or Medical Advisor.
• Proficient in working with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong communication and social skills.
• Fluent in English and Dutch (written/spoken).
The maximum salary for this role is € 85.000,- gross per year.
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.