Procurement Manager Netherlands
Join our team as a (Indirect) Procurement Manager in the Netherlands and play a crucial role in maximizing value, driving innovation, and optimizing procurement processes.
Your role at AbbVie
As an Indirect Procurement Manager at AbbVie, you will be responsible for driving cost-saving opportunities and maximizing value through the effective management of suppliers and procurement processes. In this individual contributor role, you will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with category strategies, negotiate contracts, and maintain key relationships to drive procurement engagement across all areas of the company business.
• Manages all procurement functions including analyse to seek value saving opportunities across your function as affiliate Procurement responsible.
• Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services in alignment with agreed category strategies, and in accordance with policies and buying channels.
• Maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels operating in a ‘business partner’ manner to drive procurement engagement across all areas of the company business.
• Define and execute the preferred supplier network strategy.
• Seek innovative solutions in alignment with Category Management for the procurement processes, develop action plans and participate in cross-functional, cross-divisional teams.
• Perform on-going analysis and cost reductions (Spend Management) to ensure highest possible value for Euro/dollars spend.
At AbbVie, we believe the paths we take to achieve our breakthroughs matter. That how we get there is just as vital as the outcome. We get there together—all of us asking bold questions and finding new answers. Being flexible in the ways we grow and learn. And strengthening our culture built on deep, honest collaboration. For those who honor small wins and push past wrong turns, for anyone who thrives taking on the tough challenges with a diverse team:
we’re ready for you.
Great Place To Work
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide for several years in a row. We are proud of this! This recognition by Great Place to Work is reflecting employee experiences of trust, innovation, company values and leadership, across Europe. It is an acknowledgement of being a fulfilling workplace, a recognition of our culture and the result of the ways we work together.
What we ask
• Bachelor's degree or comparable qualification in Finance, Commercial or related discipline
• CPM certification desired (or equivalent)
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience on a procurement or equivalent role including contract negotiations experience
• Knowledge in a pharmaceutical or similar environment, as well as key indirect categories like Meetings and Events, Marketing, Consulting & Professional Services, etc.
• Knowledge of procurement systems, i.e., SAP (SRM & ECC), Ariba and e-sourcing tools and MS Office
• Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management in English. Dutch language skills are preferred.
If you are a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently in a global and changing environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team in the Netherlands.
The salary for this role is up to 80K annually (including vacation allowance and 13th month), depending on experience.
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.