Supply Chain Planner
Do you have a supply chain or logistics background and are you ready to give your career a boost? Do you like the idea of working with colleagues of many different nationalities and with an international scope? Is a positive working environment essential for you? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, get in touch with us for possibilities within our Supply Chain as Supply Chain Planner in Zwolle.
Your role at AbbVie
As a Supply Chain Planner, your work area covers all parts of the world. Your goal is to balance supply and demand, ensuring the production and shipping schedules are aligned, optimize inventory, manage lead times and size of orders, transportation efficiency, and continuously improve supply chain processes. You are based at AbbVie’s office in Zwolle (hybrid working model, 3 days per week onsite).
• Key contact between the affiliate and other functional departments Quality Assurance, Finance, Global Trade Compliance, and Distribution and Logistics;
• Monitor inventories on hand at affiliates and take action if and where appropriate based on available inventory, lead times and size of orders;
• Ensure that production and shipping schedules are aligned and coordinate and process outbound shipments;
• Ensure systems are kept up to date with the latest info and customers are informed timely;
• Own and drive affiliate calls to review and improve performance and drive continuous improvements;
• Track, analyze, and report on defined KPI’s (volumes, cost, “on-time” performances), to improve customer service and increase efficiency;
• Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities and address challenges;
• Creates impact with ideas for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes;
• Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model (coach/mentor) and resource among peers for onboarding/training new employees;
• Be process owner and project lead for some of the key processes for the function.
Where you work
As part of the AbbVie Logistics organization in Zwolle we collectively ensure that our medicines are manufactured in the right quantity, delivered to the right place, at the right time and to the right person. AbbVie’s motto: We inspire hope and transform lives every day. Do you want to know more about AbbVie Logistics? Watch our movie on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6scBVAyR8
At AbbVie, we believe the paths we take to achieve our breakthroughs matter. That how we get there is just as vital as the outcome. We get there together—all of us asking bold questions and finding new answers. Being flexible in the ways we grow and learn. And strengthening our culture built on deep, honest collaboration. For those who honor small wins and push past wrong turns, for anyone who thrives taking on the tough challenges with a diverse team:
we’re ready for you.
Great Place To Work
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide for several years in a row. We are proud of this! This recognition by Great Place to Work is reflecting employee experiences of trust, innovation, company values and leadership, across Europe. It is an acknowledgement of being a fulfilling workplace, a recognition of our culture and the result of the ways we work together.
What we ask
As a Supply Chain Planner you will be working in an informal atmosphere and international multi-cultural environment. Cooperating with others comes easily to you and you are open-minded about other cultures. Furthermore, you are focused on achieving goals, take initiative, can run several projects in parallel and can communicate fluently in English. More specifically, we ask the following of you:
• Bachelor level required (Master level preferred) preferably in Operations, Supply Chain or Business Management;
• 3 years work experience in a similar environment is preferred;
• Must be experienced with ERP systems, preferably SAP;
• Be a team player with focus on improvement and a strong drive for results;
• Must possess good analytical skills;
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required;
• Excellent organizational skills are required;
• Possess strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
• Steps up and takes leadership to own challenges;
• Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles and resolves issues in a timely manner.
You have a right to work for the Netherlands (no sponsorship offered) and live at reasonable distance from our Zwolle office (hybrid working model).
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.