Treasury Director EMEA
Treasurer – Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA) Description:
The Director Treasurer EMEA is part of AbbVie’s global treasury operations team. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading treasury across >40 countries and >140 legal entities across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Leadership, mentoring & training to develop 8 team members, including 2 managers located in the Netherlands.
- Act as an authorized officer, legal signatory and finance director of multiple legal entities incl. complex Dutch financing entities that provide financing and FX hedging services to AbbVie’s global entities. Acting as an authorized officer may require representing AbbVie in meetings with external parties (e.g. tax authorities).
- Plan & execute mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, licensing deals, corporate cross-border entity restructure and any related integration.
- Plan and execute EMEA funding and financial service needs across all supported entities and business functions, including >USD 25 Bn. cash repatriation into the US each year. Funding to consider effective financing options such as in-country bank financing, inter-company financing and capital restructure implications.
- Ensure all treasury activity related to commercial activity in sanctioned markets (e.g. Russia / Iran / Iraq / Libya etc.) is compliant with sanctions legislation and banking regulations.
- Managing EMEA banking relationships incl. fee negotiations with financial institutions.
- Optimize EMEA cash management including physical and notional cross-border cash concentration and partner with tax and legal CoE’s to distribute excess cash to parent structures, enabling cash repatriation and corporate debt repayment.
- Monitor and approve commercial customer credit exposures > $ 1Bn. and implement credit risk mitigation tools as required.
- Optimize the EMEA investment portfolio and as an authorized corporate officer, approve acceptable investment guidelines.
- Implement programs to mitigate volatility on >USD 4 Billion net foreign currency exposures across 29 currencies. These programs will include identifying sources and timing of foreign currency exposure, educating internal (e.g. finance directors / supply chain) and external stakeholders (e.g. customers / vendors) and executing currency hedge trades.
- Financially plan and explain actual variances for all treasury related financial items including cash and debt balances, interest, and foreign exchange across >40 countries.
- Present EMEA treasury related updates and initiatives to commercial Vice Presidents and Directors.
- Lead and enhance processes to drive operational efficiency and to ensure compliance with internal controls and corporate policies.
- Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve the cash cycle and simplify company operations.
The position requires significant interaction, influencing, alignment and partnering with internal stakeholder such as Treasury, Tax, Legal, Internal Audit, Financial Shared Services (FSS), Accounting CoE, Finance Directors, Purchasing and external stakeholders such as banks, government authorities, legal firms and external auditors. The ability to work effectively with these groups is a critical success factor.
- 15+ years of progressive treasury, accounting, or finance experience at a large multinational company
- Working knowledge of cash management, foreign exchange, financial planning, and accounting.
- Strong analytical skills, effective communicator, and ability to work under pressure. Attention to detail is critical.
- Experience/Familiarity with In-House Banking.
- Treasury systems (FxAll, Bloomberg), SAP (preferred), MiSys.
Batchelor degree in Finance or Accounting plus a CPA, MBA, CTP preferred.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.