Senior Industrial Engineer
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us as:
Senior Industrial Engineer
At Amgen Breda (ABR), medicines are labeled, assembled, stored, and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Every day more than 1000 people from 38 different nationalities are working on supply chain processes, manufacturing, clinical research and marketing and sales of our medicines.
The primary processes for Manufacturing and for Warehouse Operations are the core of the ABR site that labels and packs medicines that are shipped from Breda to more than 75 countries around the globe.
The Operations Improvement Team (OIT) support ABR’s Manufacturing and Warehouse Operations departments with a wide range of services. The team consists of a group of 12 skilled Subject Matter Experts, including 2 Industrial Engineers who use observations, measurements and solid data- and scenario analysis to help drive process changes and improvements.
Over the past years the manufacturing volume has doubled, which has led to investments in our manufacturing capacity and changes to our distribution model. A further growth in volume and portfolio is anticipated. To help design the future state and realize the needed changes, the OIT is now looking for a 3rd Industrial Engineer to strengthen the team.
What you will do
We are seeking a Senior Industrial Engineer to join the Operations Improvement Team (OIT). The Senior Industrial Engineer will actively monitor process performance and identify opportunities for improvement. This is accomplished through a combination of active shop floor observation and robust data analysis. The Senior Industrial Engineer drives and executes the selected (cross functional) initiatives to improve quality, efficiency and/or compliance of the process and owns the related records.
Furthermore, this professional will assess the impact of new requirements and regulations on the department. He/she will also support senior management in decision making regarding longer term initiatives by providing input based on process expertise and solid data analysis.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Let’s do this. Let’s change the world.
In this vital role you will :
- Apply robust analytical skills to evaluate and interpret data using multiple sources of information (qualitative, quantitative, and trend data)
- Monitor process performance and identify trends and improvement opportunities
- Use LEAN tools to identify constraints and drive improvements
- Keep processes in line with ever changing requirements (e.g. changes driven from QA, Engineering or IS perspective) by assessing impact and proposing solutions
- Interpret (internal) customer needs to identify improvement opportunities
- Lead implementation of selected projects and initiatives
- Utilize advanced data analysis combined with subject matter expertise in operations to assist and guide decision making by senior management on longer term initiatives and projects (e.g. new capabilities or capacity improvements)
- Own and/or provide input and support for quality system records (deviations, change control records, procedures)
- Provide training and guidance to others
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The (Logistics) Industrial Engineer we seek is a data-savvy implementor with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Operations Management, Industrial Engineering) combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant role in Operations or a Master’s Degree with 3 years of experience;
- Previous experience in optimizing internal value chain (core processes and all processes related to these processes) in a warehouse or logistics environment;
- Demonstrated application of skill in data analysis
- Demonstrated application of problem-solving skills (such as Six Sigma or RCA );
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written communication;
- Project Management skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization.
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act.
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising competitive salary, bonus structure, fixed 13th month, holiday allowance, and collective health insurance.
- Focus on vitality with an on-site gym, a vitality program, and a restaurant with healthy food.
- Due to our relocation policy, for this vacancy, we can only consider candidates who reside in the Netherlands or candidates who live within a commuting distance from Amgen Breda.