Associate Director, Business Product Management
At Astellas we can offer an inspiring place to work and a chance to make your mark in doing good for others.
Our expertise, science and technology make us a pharma company. Our open and progressive culture is what makes us Astellas. It’s a culture of doing good for others and contributing to a sustainable society.
Delivering meaningful differences for patients is our driving force. We all have a significant opportunity to make that difference, working locally in the areas we know best, whilst drawing inspiration from the different insights and expertise we have access to globally and from our innovative, external partners.
Our global vision for Patient Centricity is to support the development of innovative health solutions through a deep understanding of the patient experience. At Astellas, Patient Centricity isn’t a buzzword - it’s a guiding principle for action. We believe all staff have a role to play in creating a patient-centric culture and integrating an awareness of the patient into our everyday working practices, regardless of our role, team or division.
Our ethos is underpinned by the Astellas Way, comprising five core values: patient focus; ownership; results; openness and integrity.
We are proud to offer an inclusive and respectful working environment that fosters collaboration and ownership.
Our aspiration is to bring the best brains together, to provide them with world-leading tools and resources and a unique structure that fosters real agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
About this job:
As the Associate Director, Business Product Management (Clinical Systems) at Astellas Pharma Global Development, you'll play a pivotal role in leading strategic initiatives for complex information systems within M&D. Your responsibilities include overseeing the life-cycle activities of clinical and operational systems, managing product roadmaps, and leading cross-functional collaborations for system definition, maintenance, enhancements, and decommissioning. You will leverage your drug development knowledge to anticipate changes, contribute to continuous improvement, and ensure the timely implementation of system releases. Your role involves partnering with stakeholders, managing escalations, and developing strategies for technical end-user training. As a key contributor, you'll play a vital part in ensuring the success of strategic objectives within the organization.
In this job, you will:
- Lead cross-functional collaborations for system definition, maintenance, upgrades, integrations, releases, and decommissioning.
- Anticipate changes in data structure and standards through drug development knowledge and cross-functional partnerships.
- Assess and drive continuous improvement activities for information and systems, aligning with industry best practices and vendor strategies.
- Lead the user acceptance test process to ensure thorough testing of business requirements and identification/mitigation of risks.
- Ensure on-time implementation of assigned systems and releases within budget constraints, collaborating with IS and business functions.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry or management consulting, with a focus on R&D or clinical operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the global drug development process and effective communication of operational data models.
- Experience in pharmaceutical technology project management and software development life cycles.
- Previous experience in the development, deployment, and/or maintenance of clinical information systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to interact at all levels of personnel.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in people/project management experience, preferably in a highly matrixed, multicultural global setting.
- Strong and effective strategic thinker and problem solver with high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to both recognize and anticipate problems.
- Ability to translate solutions into viable action plans at a global level that are effectively disseminated and implemented through cooperation of stakeholders.
- Skills in building business relationships and influence without authority as part of a matrix organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- This role requires 10% of international travel.
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Candidates must be located within a commutable distance of the office.
- This position is 100% home/remote based.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.