At Astellas we can offer an inspiring place to work and a chance to make your mark in doing good for others.
Our expertise, science and technology make us a pharma company. Our open and progressive culture is what makes us Astellas. It’s a culture of doing good for others and contributing to a sustainable society.
Delivering meaningful differences for patients is our driving force. We all have a significant opportunity to make that difference, working locally in the areas we know best, whilst drawing inspiration from the different insights and expertise we have access to globally and from our innovative, external partners.
Our global vision for Patient Centricity is to support the development of innovative health solutions through a deep understanding of the patient experience. At Astellas, Patient Centricity isn’t a buzzword - it’s a guiding principle for action. We believe all staff have a role to play in creating a patient-centric culture and integrating an awareness of the patient into our everyday working practices, regardless of our role, team or division.
Our ethos is underpinned by the Astellas Way, comprising five core values: patient focus; ownership; results; openness and integrity.
We are proud to offer an inclusive and respectful working environment that fosters collaboration and ownership.
Our aspiration is to bring the best brains together, to provide them with world-leading tools and resources and a unique structure that fosters real agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
About this role:
As the TA Customer Engagement Lead in the Netherlands, your role entails driving the strategic direction and ensuring commercial success for the assigned markets and brands within the Therapeutic Area in the Netherlands. You will be responsible for establishing and overseeing cross-functional teams, ensuring they are aligned with business objectives and market needs.
Your duties also involve overseeing brand management, planning for the lifecycle of products, and conducting financial forecasting to maximize commercial outcomes.
Your role further involves facilitating the development and execution of operational plans while ensuring strict adherence to regulations and alignment with brand strategies. Beyond these responsibilities, your aim is to cultivate a culture characterized by collaboration, ethical decision-making, and a commitment to continuous improvement within the organization.
At Astellas we recognise that our employees enjoy having balance between their professional and home lives. We are proud of our hybrid approach which empowers you to have flexibility on whether to work from home or in the office.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and execute Therapeutic Area level strategies for assigned markets and brands in the Netherlands. Direct and supervise Customer Facing and Marketing teams at the Therapy Area level in the Netherlands.
- Lead, manage and empower the Astellas (TA) SQUAD team, setting it up for success and ensuring the new customer facing approach succeeds in becoming relevant to customer needs and business objectives.
- Ensure comprehension and implementation of commercial direction and strategy by brand and Squad teams to resolve business-critical issues promptly. Coach and empower the SQUAD team and Brand Team in operational planning, adapting global initiatives, and ensuring alignment with brand strategy and regulations.
- Brand responsibility for one brand in the BeNeLux region; Lead the development and coordination of the lifecycle planning and financial forecasting for the assigned brand and market: manage the team on creation and implementation of an annual brand & omni-channel plans, brand planning process of assigned markets & brands to address key strategic brand issues, to define the brand tactics towards commercial optimization.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven track record in business management within a highly regulated industry, preferably in the pharmaceutical sector, demonstrating a strong patient/customer focus.
- Extensive experience contributing to and implementing brand strategy, achieving exceptional results within budgetary constraints.
- Demonstrated success in planning and managing product launches, measuring their impact, and driving revenue growth.
- Proficiency in managing the brand life cycle across multiple markets while consistently delivering on stretch KPIs for sustainable brand growth and performance.
- Skilled in people management, team motivation, and leadership, fostering a culture of openness and trust while effectively leading through change.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Experience in life sciences with a proven track record in implementing patient-centric integrated services, solutions, and programs.
- Expertise in omni-channel marketing or significant experience in devising and executing innovative strategies to amplify customer engagement across multiple platforms.
- Required qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably post-graduate qualification such as an MBA or MSc, in related field or equivalent.
- This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Position is based in the Netherlands but requires regular visits to Belgium.
- This position follows our hybrid working model. Role requires a blend of home and a minimum of 2 days per week in our Leiden office (and on regular basis also in Vilvoorde). Flexibility may be required in line with business needs. Candidates must be located within a commutable distance of the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.