Senior Manager, Business Product Management, Clinical Data Systems
At Astellas we can offer an inspiring place to work and a chance to make your mark in doing good for others.
Our expertise, science and technology make us a pharma company. Our open and progressive culture is what makes us Astellas. It’s a culture of doing good for others and contributing to a sustainable society.
Delivering meaningful differences for patients is our driving force. We all have a significant opportunity to make that difference, working locally in the areas we know best, whilst drawing inspiration from the different insights and expertise we have access to globally and from our innovative, external partners.
Our global vision for Patient Centricity is to support the development of innovative health solutions through a deep understanding of the patient experience. At Astellas, Patient Centricity isn’t a buzzword - it’s a guiding principle for action. We believe all staff have a role to play in creating a patient-centric culture and integrating an awareness of the patient into our everyday working practices, regardless of our role, team or division.
Our ethos is underpinned by the Astellas Way, comprising five core values: patient focus; ownership; results; openness and integrity.
We are proud to offer an inclusive and respectful working environment that fosters collaboration and ownership.
Our aspiration is to bring the best brains together, to provide them with world-leading tools and resources and a unique structure that fosters real agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
About this job:
As the Senior Manager, Business Product Management (Clinical Data Systems) at Astellas Pharma Global Development, you'll play a pivotal role in managing specific business support processes and overseeing complex information systems within M&D. Your responsibilities include coordinating and managing the data model from implementation through decommissioning for assigned clinical or operational systems. Acting as a subject matter expert for the data model and security model, you'll advise in cross-functional collaborations for maintenance, upgrades, integrations, releases, and decommissioning of systems. Leveraging your drug development knowledge and cross-functional partnerships, you'll anticipate changes to data structure and standards, participate in continual improvement activities, and ensure the on-time implementation of system releases.
In this job, you will:
- Advise in cross-functional collaborations for the maintenance, upgrades, integrations, releases, and decommissioning of assigned clinical and/or operational system(s).
- Leverage drug development knowledge to anticipate changes needed to data structure and standards.
- Participate in continual improvement activities related to information and systems, incorporating industry best practices and vendor strategy into future iterations.
- Manage the user acceptance test process to ensure business requirements are appropriately tested and risks identified and mitigated.
- Ensure on-time implementatio n of assigned system(s) and new releases to end users, within budget constraints.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry or management consulting group focused on R&D or clinical operations, within specifically in the drug development setting.
- Previous hands-on experience in the development, deployment, and/or maintenance of clinical information systems such as IVRS, EDC, RBM, and site payments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the global drug development process, ensuring effective communication of cross-functional connections and operational data models throughout the organization.
- Proficient in using enterprise-wide pharmaceutical project management software solutions, with skills in critical path analysis for efficient project execution.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Effective Communication and Strategic Leadership:
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, enabling interaction at all levels of personnel.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Proven capability to build business relationships and influence without direct authority, particularly within a matrix organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- This role requires 10% of international travel.
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Candidates must be located within a commutable distance of the office.
- This position is 100% home/remote based.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.