Supply Chain Manager
At our operations site in Nijmegen we fill, finish and pack life-changing and life-saving medicines for patients around the world. We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to lead our innovative organisation through change and constant improvement, whilst maintaining constant supply of medicines to patients in a safe and compliant way.
Would you like to apply your supply chain experience to impact and lead our supply chain and manufacturing process? In this role you not only have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills but there is room to use your own initiative and navigate the site through change.
At AstraZeneca we follow the science and turn ideas into life changing medicines. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, aim to do more, and excited to make the next step in your career, then you must read on!
Supply Chain Manager
What will you be doing?
As our Supply Chain Manager (internal official job title is Supply Chain Lead) you will run and mentor your team and you will be part of the Site Leadership Team.
You will be the guiding force behind our supply chain processes, responsible for maintaining the monthly supply plan for site assets within our expansive global end-to-end supply chain. Your role requires close collaboration with key partners including, clinical supply colleagues, Operations (Ops), network commercial supply teams, the Site Leadership Team (SLT) and NMF leads.
Your leadership will be instrumental in ensuring that site capabilities are accurately assessed, supply plans are meticulously crafted and driven, and future targets are both meaningful and attainable.
In addition to these core responsibilities:
• you will work closely with the Asset Planner and Procurement teams.
• your accountability extends to leading site-based aspects of global supply chains, encompassing both supply execution and tactical planning. Local planning will focus on securely handling short to mid-term plans, all within the framework of the optimal global long-term product supply plan, which you will contribute to shaping.
• you will lead all aspects of production planning, procurement, and inventory management, while also maintaining relationships with internal collaborators.
• you will manage all internal warehousing activities on the site, ensuring strict compliance with SHE and cGMP regulations, while also providing effective management and guidance to the warehouse team.
In summary, as our Supply Chain Manager, you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating the seamless flow of materials and products, optimising supply plans, and ensuring compliance, all while fostering positive relationships with internal partners and teams.
What do you bring?
The ideal candidate is a Supply Chain Professional with demonstrated supply chain experience (preferably including clinical supply) and who can think ‘out of the box’. You are able to lead your team to deliver breakthrough results and bold performance in a high paced environment. Networking is a core competence for this role, and we are looking for someone who can use their network to drive successes.
In addition you bring or have:
• a Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or related study and/or:
• minimum of 4 years of clinical supply chain experience within a global organization.
• GMP experience is an advantage.
• fluency in English (must) and ideally you bring good knowledge of Dutch.
• competences: result driven, strong communication skills, problem solving skills, analytical.
What do we offer you?
We offer you an attractive remuneration and benefits package, including an attractive bonus scheme. In addition:
• we invest in our colleagues by supporting relevant training courses related to your particular field.
• (international) growth possibilities within the AstraZeneca company worldwide.
• excellent working conditions including 27 holiday days, the option to purchase an additional 10 days and 1 day of voluntary leave.
• Target bonus of 12,5%.
• up to 200 euros contribution to sports per year.
• We offer a year contract with the intention to extend it after one year to a permanent contract.
Various Minds. Bold Disruptors. Meaningful Impact.
Better quality of life and a longer life expectancy, despite a serious (chronic) illness. That is what the colleagues at AstraZeneca worldwide work for. We push the boundaries of science to develop treatments that make a difference, from the earliest possible detection of disease to the most appropriate care. Our work has a strong focus on oncology, cardiovascular and renal diseases, metabolic, respiratory and immune diseases, vaccines and immunotherapy.
Spread over six continents, 83,000 people work on groundbreaking science. At AstraZeneca in Nijmegen, biomedical medicines are produced, controlled and/or packaged, mainly for use in early clinical research, for example against cancer. With this we play an important role in the chain of research and development and the expansion of our extensive pipeline of new medicines. In Nijmegen we work with approximately 100 dedicated colleagues.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your CV in English . For this, go to the apply button at the bottom of this vacancy. You can upload your CV and cover letter at the bottom of the second page.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen) can be reached via email@example.com or on +31(0)85 - 047 0244.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.