Intern Breeding Brassica (per June 2024)
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Intern Breeding Brassica (per June 2024)
This position will be based in Wageningen in the Netherlands and will specifically work for brassica breeding program. During trial season (July-Oct.), you will need to travel to Bayer Enkhuizen site (appr. once per week) (Bayer pool car available). The rest of the time you will work from Bayer Wageningen location.
Bayer Vegetable Seeds is specialized in breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds. Employment at this Bayer division means working for an ambitious company. We encourage individuals to excel in creativity and to show strong motivation in practical work in breeding program, data analysis skills, team player mentality and entrepreneurial spirit.
This internship is an incredible opportunity to gain broad experience within a market-leading, innovative, multinational company. A chance to work in a multicultural environment within a highly motivated and professional team and the prospect of career advancement.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Broccoli Breeding Intern you will provide your support in genetics and data analysis to assist breeder to make data-driven decisions.
Activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct IP/literature review.
- Work in close connection with Brassica product design breeder, R&D operations team and trait discovery experts to understand the problem and tailor the solution.
- Conduct field evaluations in breeding trials
- Broaden the understanding of some physiologic traits and its relationship with the genetic components.
- Statistical analysis of results.
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
WHO YOU ARE
- You are currently a Master or Bachelor student from Crop Science, Plant Biology, or Data Science related major.
- You have knowledge and experience with data handling and analysis (such as R, Python, or others) and a high interest in practical field work.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Fluent both in writing and speaking of English language. Writing and speaking Dutch is a plus.
- Self-motivated, innovative, independent, networker, agile, creative and result orientated.
- You are fulltime available for six months, starting in June 2024.
- You are in possession of a driver’s license and flexible to travel to Enkhuizen site during trial season (July-Oct., Bayer pool car available).
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our interns. We help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An internship allowance of €500 per month for Bachelor students and €600 per month for Master students, based on a full-time work week (38 hours).
- The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
- Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science/Bayer Medical Care/ Bayer Consumer Health/ Bayer Pharmaceuticals.
- Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
- The opportunity to work side by side with a Bayer Research Scientist and gain practical experience on numerous research activities within a market leading, international organization.
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Mengjing Sun, hiring manager ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
What can you expect? The application process consists of an interview with the hiring manager.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall:
https://www.bayer.com/en/nl/career/our-people#489796 and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?
Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.
So join us! Be You, Be Bayer.
Netherlands : Netherlands : Wageningen