Plant Tissue Culture Specialist
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Plant Tissue Culture Specialist
Within our fast-moving environment, we are looking for you as Plant Tissue Culture Specialist (the official Bayer job title is: ' Vegetable Production Technology Cell Biology Scientist'). You will be working in a dynamic and open work environment with a “get it done” attitude no matter which functional area. You will be part of a dedicated team of 16 professionals all striving for turning our vision & mission into action. Our vision is delivering innovative solutions to our customers while respecting our planet’s natural resources. Our mission is guided by our company purpose, science for a better life, we ensure good crop establishments in vegetable business through seed applied solutions which are driven by compliance, quality and customer satisfaction. You will work closely together with your manager, Barbara Meisel (Global Head Vegetable Seed Technology Strategy), and your peers in the Vegetable Production Technology and R&D Cell Biology teams.Your key stakeholders include Vegetable R&D Cell Biology, Vegetable Production Technology, Safety, Health and Environment as well as Regulatory & Legal.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position your primary responsibility will be to develop innovative solutions that will provide cutting edge tools for the vegetable seed production business based on cell biology technologies and techniques across diverse plant species. You will also identify opportunities for system or process improvements that can lead to increased operational efficiencies in product supply. You will oversee the development of new methods and protocols in addition to ensuring the successful technology transfer into the appropriate platform.
You derive joy and energy from finding ‘out of the box’ solutions to complex tasks while ensuring that the solutions can be implemented and desired results are achieved. You hold yourself accountable for delivering on your promises.
Responsibilities and goals you will own in this position:
- You design, conduct and interpret complex experiments. You develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals. This role will assume project leadership and/or supervisory functions.
- It is expected that you solve complex problems requiring innovative thinking and deductive reasoning leading to the development of new technologies, intellectual property, or trade secrets based on diverse cell biology technologies and tissue culture techniques.
- You will be accountable for cross-functional work in multiple platforms/process areas by prioritizing and coordinating workflows with other peers. Additionally, you may provide training to contingent workforce, maintaining detailed records and documentation.
- You demonstrate a sustained high level of technical skill and achievement. You ensure staying up to date with state-of-the-art technologies, procedures and products available. You will be able to analyze the potential impact of such technologies to create added value for the company.
- You effectively interpret and communicate the results of experiments, production KPIs, and cost/benefit analysis form each project to the key stakeholders.
- You adhere to company HSE , business conduct and human rights policies and meet expectations related to ISO certification.
- You meet quality management systems & audits assure documentation, auditing and improvement systems related to ISO and other accreditation requirements, both for your own work as well for departments connected.
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
WHO YOU ARE
You are a great team player with natural influencing skills. Some of your strengths are collaboration, communication, innovation and result orientation. Naturally you have a desire to finish what you start, bringing solutions to complex problems to implementation.
- Agri/biotechnology education: PhD with 3 years relevant experience, or MSc with minimum of 5 years relevant experience or BSc with minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing novel protocols or technologies in an agile manner.
- Strong expertise in diverse plant cell biology technologies, techniques and applications.
- Experience with cell culture technologies and high throughput assays.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical scientific information to broad audiences.
- Proven decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Proven capability to take action in solving problems.
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo to improve processes and the way things are done.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You are residing in the Netherlands (Rotterdam area).
- You are flexible to travel occasionally (approx. 10%).
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our employees and help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our employees a wide range of career prospects, a modern working environment and competitive compensation. Bayer employees benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An excellent competitive salary based on a 38-hour workweek, depending on your education and work experience
- An additional 8,33% holiday allowance and a bonus (based on company results)
- 25 days of leave, with the option of buying a maximum of 10 additional days
- You have the option to work from home, but we expect you at least 4 days per week at the office
A solid retirement plan and bicycle lease plan
An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities
Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Heidi Kroon via firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect? The application process consists of a personality questionnaire, a reasoning test and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via https://www.bayer.com/en/nl/career/our-people#489796 and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?
Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.
So join us! Be You, Be Bayer.
Netherlands : Netherlands : Bergschenhoek