Seed Operations Specialist Conditioning
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Seed Operations Specialist Conditioning
The Seed Conditioning Specialist will take care of cleaning, upgrading and sanitation of high value seed lots by hand or using very specialized equipment, in order to obtain the highest possible level required to meet the vegetable standards. He/she directly reports to the team lead.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Using the right cleaning/sanitizing and upgrading methods to process a seed lot in the most efficient way
• Signalize deviations regarding seed quality and be proactive to find solutions to solve them
• Fine tuning of specialized equipment with the help of work instructions and skill
• Taking samples of processed seed lots according to the work instruction
• Registration of batch characteristics of a seed lot
• Performing a Physical Appearance level of the seed
• Determination of moisture levels and Thousand Seed Weight.
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our employees and help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our employees a wide range of career prospects, a modern working environment and competitive compensation. Bayer employees benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
An excellent competitive salary based on a 38-hour workweek, depending on your education and work experience
An additional 8,33% holiday allowance and a bonus (based on company results)
25 days of leave, with the option of buying a maximum of 10 additional days
A solid retirement plan and bicycle lease plan
An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities
Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop.
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
WHO YOU ARE
• Professional education on MBO level
• Fork truck certification
• Flexible attitude and willing to be exchanged to Pack department and possibly other sub departments in Operations
• Able to work accurately and efficiently to clean and upgrade different high value seed species
• Proactive attitude in signalizing quality issues and solve them on the spot
• Able to interpret quality data in relation to the cleaning/upgrading method which is applicable
• Perform cleaning/upgrading/drying and sanitizing processes.
• A flexible attitude towards overtime or working in shifts in peak periods
• Able to judge the right end quality of a processed seed lot
• Able to carry out physically demanding work.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact the hiring manager, Theo Schooneman firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Heidi Kroon (Sr. Recruiter) via email@example.com
What can you expect? The application process consists of a personality questionnaire, a reasoning test and two interview rounds.
Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?
Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.
So join us! Be You, Be Bayer.
Netherlands : Netherlands : Enkhuizen