Seed Technology Scientist
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Seed Technology Scientist
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what’s possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast-moving environment, we are looking for you as Global Vegetable Seed Technology scientist in our team in Bergschenhoek, Netherlands.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position you will manage and conduct Vegetable Seed Technology research that will focus on technology development to improve seed operations at regional and global level. You will utilize and research existing and novel, innovative (seed) technologies to ensure the success of the technology implementation. You will dissect an issue related to technology and/or pre-implementation based on gathered data and solve the problems with realistic judgment. You will make data-driven decisions and execute your planning in a timely manner. You will establish regional and global connections with peers and relevant teams in predominantly Vegetable Manufacturing Excellence (MEX) in Product Supply.
Are you ready for a position with a global scope? One where you get to work in an international and agile team, within a dynamic, innovation filled work field? Would you love being in applied research and seeing your solutions implemented, giving you tangible results and successes? And do you want to be in contact with many stakeholders, making you a real spider in the web?
Then please continue reading.
Responsibilities and goals you will own in this position:
- You will join a team that is responsible for seed technology projects in Bergschenhoek portfolio
- You will manage seed technology projects, set priorities, and work out project deliverables in consultation with stakeholders, peers and the management team
- You will manage and conduct Seed Technology trials in the laboratory or factory to increase seed quality, reduce cost, and minimize waste
- You will analyze and summarize results in written and verbal reports for difference audiences (e.g. Seed Technology and stakeholders), issue seed technology recommendations and ensure the MEX team’s buy-in for studies and results
- You will support and collaborate with seed technology scientists in Enkhuizen as well as regional Seed technology scientists in APAC and NAM to ensure the success of technology development and/or implementation
- You will represent Bayer Vegetables in external projects with universities, research institutes and companies
- You will make use of company IT systems to document results and ensuring future FTO
- You will participate in departmental ISO quality audits and procedure documentation
- You will actively participate in the Bayer HSE Program
- You will work with the Bayer networks to enhance performance through sharing and implementation of best practices
The Global Vegetable Seed Technology Team
A dynamic and open work environment with a “get it done” attitude no matter which functional area. You will be part of a dedicated team of professionals all striving for turning our vision & mission into action:
Our vision is to facilitate the Vegetable Supply organization to become the most technically innovative Vegetable Product Supply in the seed business. As the Center of Expertise, we deliver best in class performance for key technologies and processes, provide governance and coordinate implementation.
In your job as Global Vegetable Seed Technology Scientist in Bergschenhoek, you are in contact with many stakeholders on a regular basis, among which:
- Regional Manufacturing Excellence teams
- Regional Veg Strategy & Transformation teams
- Regional Production Research teams
- IT/Data Analytics
- Quality Testing
WHO YOU ARE
You are a great team player with the ability to work with various stakeholders. Some of your strengths are collaboration, communication and bringing people together. Naturally you also have a strong technical background to help you navigate the work field and possess excellent planning skills.
- PhD preferred, MSc 4 years, BSc 5-8 years
- Excellent people, managerial and organizational skills
- Capacity to work with people and influence people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to achieve goals and project objectives jointly
- Excellent communication – oral, written, under diverse circumstances and audiences
- Ability to analyze and interpret data with strong statistical background
- Can manage a project portfolio independently and collaboratively
- Results driven and capacity to influence within a matrixed organization and across functions
- Strategic thinking, taking initiative and exhibiting foresight
- Agile, action oriented and fast-paced
- Can assess situations, make judgements, and ensure the right course of action with abundant or limited amount of information
- Very strong ability to navigate in a multicultural and environment
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our employees and help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our employees a wide range of career prospects, a modern working environment and competitive compensation. Bayer employees benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An excellent competitive salary based on a 38-hour workweek
- A gross monthly salary between € 4309,- and € 4955,- based on a 38-hour workweek, depending on your education and work experience
- An additional 8,33% holiday allowance and a bonus (based on company results)
- 2 5 days of leave , with the option of buying a maximum of 10 additional days
- You work form the office in Bergschenhoek
- A solid retirement plan and bicycle lease plan
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organization with international career possibilities
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Klazien Flapper via Klazien.email@example.com .
What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening, a personality questionnaire and reasoning test and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.
|Application Period:||until 26th October||Reference Code:||802208|
|Functional Area:||Biological R&D||Position Grade:||LG 10|
|Employment Type:||Regular||Work Time:||Full-time|