Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb Netherlands
Bristol Myers Squibb has been active in the Dutch market for over 50 years, employing people across a range of activities and business units in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
The Netherlands is also home to our first European Cell Therapy facility , located at the Leiden Bio Science Park, the largest life sciences cluster of The Netherlands. This new state of the art facility is focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. You can become part of this exciting journey. Check out this video if you want to know more about it!
The Netherlands has everything it takes to become the medicines hub of Europe, the so-called Boston by the North Sea. As we continue to expand our footprint by building this new site, we are looking to grow our team.
Would you like to become an important chain in our worldwide network to bring this new personalized treatment to patients suffering from blood cancer? Join us and be a game changer!
The primary focus of this role is to develop, support and implement the programs of the EOHSS (Environmental, Occupational Health, Safety and Sustainability) team at Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) as EHS Manager Industrial Hygiene for the Leiden facility . As EHS Manager you will play an important role in the company’s EOHSS efforts within the Leiden facility to drive long-term company and stakeholder value.
The individual in this role will be responsible for developing, planning, and executing programs, policies, procedures, and training to ensure an EOHSS compliant facility in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
This position has a primary focus in the development and implementation of the Occupational Safety & Health programs, including biosafety, and plays a key role in aligning corporate and local policies and procedures and will foster a proactive and integrated EHS culture that promotes a positive, collaborative approach throughout all operations. This position reports to the Associate Director, EOHSS.
- Ensures compliance with European Union, national, and local environmental, safety, medical surveillance and sustainability laws, regulations, codes, rules, and guidelines.
- Works directly with operations and serves as the lead regarding general occupational safety, industrial hygiene and biosafety (ML-I/BLS-2). This role will be the Biological Safety Officer at the site.
- Contribute to develop and implement new EOHSS programs, policies and procedures and update and improve existing programs.
- Develop, lead and manage site EOHSS meetings and platforms, databases, and SharePoint for documentation of procedures (SOPs), forms, investigations, reporting, inspections, action items, in line with the BMS standards and requirements.
- Develop, maintain and distribute EOHSS reports and records as assigned.
- Participate as a trainer in the EOHSS training program for the site,
- Key contact for internal customers, researchers, facilities, management, and other cross functional groups, building strong relationships by handling EOHSS inquiries.
- Contribute to and show leadership in an EHS culture at the site that partners with operational teams to ensure all are accountable for the EHS performance.
- Participate in the site EOHSS and other relevant meetings. Lead the site biosafety committee.
- Challenges the status quo and brings new approaches to continually improve the effectiveness of workflows and processes. Learn and apply new concepts.
- B.S. degree in occupational safety and health, industrial hygiene (occupational hygienist, biosafety or another related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within an occupational safety and health and/or occupational hygiene position in a manufacturing or laboratory environment. Pharmaceutical experience is an advantage.
- Experience with risk assessment of exposure to (bio)hazardous substance is highly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with applicable EU, national and local regulatory requirements.
- Experience with incident management systems and/or learning systems database (e.g., Enablon, Success Factors, Compliance Wire, etc.) preferred.
- Prior biosafety experience desired, e.g. as a biosafety officer or similar.
- Previous experience developing program and plans related to EU and national safety or environmental regulations.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to frequently changing priorities simultaneously and think creatively, critically, and strategically to solve problems in a complex environment with urgency, agility and persuasion.
- Prioritizes work and thinks independently, analyzes, and solves complex problems with excellent judgment, quality, and detail.
- Strong decision-making capability to guide assigned projects to successful conclusions.
Disclaimer: For any third parties or external agencies, please, be informed we do not accept unsolicited requests, proposals, applications or profiles for any of our roles at BMS.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.