Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing all work-instructions, documentation on the installations/equipment for performing maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of mechanical/electrical (focused on electrical) equipment used in manufacturing, utility plants and analytical labs. All work to be completed to assure minimal impact to production while complying with cGxPs at Leiden’s manufacturing plant and training facility.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum of BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechatronic or related fields).
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in maintenance/technical services of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment is preferred
- Knowledge of fit-out works estimation. (Cost, manhours)
- Experience in working in an environment governed by SOPs and cGxPs
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever changing business environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment; lead small projects and development of maintenance strategies.
- Significant ability and aptitude analyzing data to detecting inconsistencies, determining relative importance and to solve complex technical situations based on data
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and interact effectively with people with a variety of levels and disciplines including internal and external customers, vendors, contractors and operations staff.
- Knowledge of Maximo or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) required
- Able to read, interprets, and understands electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Ability to review SOPs and work instructions
- Flexible and responsible
- Familiar with methods like FMEA, Risk based maintenance, criticality assessments,
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Asset Criticality ranking is performed to all area assets and define its maintenance strategy based in the asset criticality.
- Ensure compliance with EOHSS guidelines, cGxP regulations, Company policies and other external agency regulations.
- Responsible for accurate and safe job plans. This includes review and approval of all changes to job plans due to change control, equipment modification, etc.
- Works closely with Planning and Scheduling to develop standards for major maintenance overhauls and outages
- Understands spare parts needed for routine maintenance and ensures spare parts are available for run to failure equipment.
- Assist with implementation of Predictive Maintenance, and introduction of new technology
- Provide support to all maintenance technicians to assist with troubleshooting, act as expert for technical questions within the department and inter-department.
- Ensure vendor completed work meets the necessary maintenance standards and is handed over appropriately.
- Contact equipment vendors (if applicable) to report problems. Coordinate and implement vendor recommendations when approved
- Ensure all critical systems/assets meet customer needs. Implement or propose alterations, modifications, or replacement of existing equipment to reduce maintenance costs, equipment downtime or improve reliability.
- Own and drive operational excellence, by improving reliability, utilization and cost benefit by using historical maintenance/operational data and creation of performance metrics.
- Participate in and lead Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) exercises in conjunction with System Owners, Reliability Technicians and Manufacturing Operators.
Willing to provide on call support to a 24/7 manufacturing site, and work nights or weekends when needed to support emergent issue resolution or project implementation
Definitions and Abbreviations
EOHSS Environmental, Occupational Health, Safety and Sustainability
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.