Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
Bristol Myers Squibb Netherlands
Bristol Myers Squibb has been active in the Dutch market for over 50 years, employing people across a range of activities and business units in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
The Netherlands is also home to our first European Cell Therapy facility , located at the Leiden Bio Science Park, the largest life sciences cluster of The Netherlands. This new state of the art facility is focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. You can become part of this exciting journey. Check out this video if you want to know more about it!
The Netherlands has everything it takes to become the medicines hub of Europe, the so-called Boston by the North Sea. As we continue to expand our footprint by building this new site, we are looking to grow our team.
Would you like to become an important chain in our worldwide network to bring this new personalized treatment to patients suffering from blood cancer? Join us and be a game changer!
The Senior Director, Cell Therapy Facilities & Engineering will provide leadership and oversight to Engineering, Maintenance & Reliability, Calibration/Metrology, Qualification/Validation, and Facilities Services for Leiden Cell Therapy facilities. This person will develop and implement strategy in these areas to maximize asset availability and reliability, design and install state of the art systems and facilities using benchmark processes, ensure a validated and compliant state of operation for systems and equipment, generation and delivery of utilities at peak efficiency, keeping our facilities in a state of compliance, as well as ensuring customer satisfaction by providing facilities management services to fulfill requirements.
The Senior Director, Cell Therapy Facilities & Engineering is part of the site leadership team and has to collaborate with other senior leaders within the site, including heads of Quality, Manufacturing, EH&S, Supply Chain. Frequent interactions occur with more senior levels of Cell Therapy management and department heads at other sites. Occasional interactions occur with external industry and regulatory representatives. These interactions require the abilities at negation of extremely difficult matters to influence policymaking bodies both internally and externally. The heaviest on-site interactions occur with the role’s management staff with lesser contact with employees and contractors throughout the site. This position will oversee ~40-60 direct reports and indirect reports.
- Directs all components of Technical Services organization, which includes: Facilities Engineering, Calibration and Metrology, Equipment/Commissioning/Qualification, Plant & Project Engineering, and Facilities & Site Services for Leiden cell therapy sites.
- Directs the monitoring and management of outcomes for services performed by contracted business partners, in coordination with global services (Facilities and Engineering).
- Directs the management of the sites’ future requirements for, and fulfilment performance of, locally provided contract services.
- Establishes and communicates strategic and business objectives for Site Engineering, consistent with company cell therapy strategy.
- Effectively manages assigned resources to address priorities, meet schedules, maximize productivity, control costs, and increase efficiencies.
- Directs the planning and coordination of the capital plan for the Leiden cell therapy Site, including the development and implementation of the strategic plan, capital spending plan and the obtainment of all required permits for construction.
- Develops and leads a high performance management team responsible for operating and maintaining an audit-ready facility at all times; directs the recruitment and development of all Technical Services staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of science/engineering generally attained through studied resulting in a B.S. in engineering, a related discipline or its equivalent. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is desired.
- A minimum of 10-15+ years of experience in engineering field or equivalent, preferably in a biopharma manufacturing complex, documented by a solid history of technical accomplishments and a proven track in maintenance, reliability, facility/utilities operations, validation and capital project management.
- A strong practical knowledge of process equipment and the technologies related to cell culture manufacturing and both clinical and commercial production.
- Experience in directing the design and construction of major office, laboratory and process manufacturing buildings including design, procurement and contracts, including experience in the negotiations and structures of contracts and major agreements.
- Proficiency in developing and managing departmental budgets to successfully meet organizational commitments within operating budget guidelines, including the development and implementation of capital spending plans and managing the prioritization of needs balanced against the resources available.
- Experience in the disciplines of energy management including the procurement and use of energy sources and the energy industry in general.
- Experience in dealing with Governmental and local regulations regarding energy use. Leading and managing a diverse team including the control and management of outsourced services.
- Demonstrated success as a strong team leader who uses past supervisory experience to develop departmental staff through effective feedback and coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to think in a clear, decisive manner, to remain calm under adverse conditions, and to reach independent, sound solutions during normal and emergency situations.
- Experience in the application processes for successfully obtaining of permits to construct capital facilities and operate major systems.
Disclaimer: For any third parties or external agencies, please, be informed we do not accept unsolicited requests, proposals, applications or profiles for any of our roles at BMS.
Why You Should Apply
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.