Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
The Senior Manager Capital Projects within the Facility & Engineering department (F&E) will be responsible for setting up and coordinating the site capital project processes for our new cell therapy facility. The role includes managing a diverse portfolio of capital projects, such as equipment, productivity, and capacity upgrades, facility renovations, and infrastructure upgrades to support the commercial manufacturing of a cell therapy products. The individual will have frequent exposure to senior management as they coordinate projects that shape the strategy vision of our Facility. In this role, you will also supervise some projects yourself as a (sr.) project manager.
• Responsible for the overall coordination of the site Capital Portfolio and Project Execution process which is aligned with the corporate standards
• Set up capital project planning and cost control based on priority setting by site and corporate PMO organization
• Align site capital project cost control and reporting activities with Finance department and internal stakeholders
• Coordinate capital portfolio execution of several complex projects simultaneously, within budget, on schedule, safety designed and constructed, and with minimal impact on manufacturing
• Assure capital project compliance with good engineering practices, BMS policies, regulations and codes
• Act as (sr.) project manager for facilities and process related capital projects such as site utilities upgrades, cell therapy process & lab equipment introductions and laboratory & building infrastructure renovations to meet site needs, client and EHS requirements
• Coordinate capital projects with other site departments (PMO, MS&T, Manufacturing, Quality and IT) from project initiation to closure to ensure all systems are designed, constructed, and documented properly
• Provide recommendations to set-up, improve and maintain SOP’s and best practices for site capital portfolio and project execution processes aligned with the corporate PMO and Engineering organization
Qualifications & Experience
• B.S Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical) or Construction related discipline is preferred
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in relevant capital project and financial management experience
• Experience in GMP engineering environments and a proven track record of delivering capital projects in pharmaceutical manufacturing settings
• Experience working in a biologics or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
• Experience using Project Controls and Management tools to track relevant metrics and KPI’s to successfully delivering of capital projects
• Project Management Professional certification is preferred
• Demonstrated influential leadership expertise and experience with senior level interactions and influence
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization with a range of technically, culturally, and geographically diverse teams and to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and effectively communicate challenging goals and objectives
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels and through various formats (e.g. presentations, capital project analysis, written proposals, reports, correspondence, lead meetings, face-to-face dialogue, etc.)
• Ability to provide innovative ideas or alternatives that create value including seeking new information and external insights without compromising compliance
• Ability to scope projects based upon site needs and client requirements, obtain budget estimates, write capital appropriation requests, develop project schedules, and manage a cross-functional project team in a matrix organization
Travel required – up to 5% US and Globally and overnight absence required
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.