Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
Bristol Myers Squibb Netherlands
Bristol Myers Squibb has been active in the Dutch market for over 50 years, employing people across a range of activities and business units in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
The Netherlands is also home to our first European Cell Therapy facility , located at the Leiden Bio Science Park, the largest life sciences cluster of The Netherlands. This new state of the art facility is focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. You can become part of this exciting journey. Check out this video if you want to know more about it!
The Netherlands has everything it takes to become the medicines hub of Europe, the so-called Boston by the North Sea. As we continue to expand our footprint by building this new site, we are looking to grow our team.
Would you like to become an important chain in our worldwide network to bring this new personalized treatment to patients suffering from blood cancer? Join us and be a game changer!
The Senior Manager QC Sample Management and Scheduling will lead a team of shift managers and operational support personnel (e.g., planner/scheduler) responsible for QC materials management and planning.
The Sr Manager will provide leadership & oversight of lab operations planning and scheduling. Support QC management with mid- and long-term resource planning. Work closely with QC Lab Operations to develop and manage QC testing schedule based on sample receipt, testing turn around, batching testing for equipment and operational efficiency.
The unique opportunity at this moment is to be able to focus on a project first and develop in that area as BMS builds its team.
This role is stationed in Leiden and reports to the Associate Director QC Systems and support
- Oversee managers executing routine operations managing QC samples, QC reagents, chemicals, consumables, assay controls, and critical materials including chain of custody, receipt, storage, transfer, and disposal according to GMP requirements and approved procedures.
- Create, revise, review, and approve operational processes and technical documents, such as SOPs and work instructions, for sample and critical reagent management. Own and evaluate relevant change controls, investigations, deviations, CAPAs
- Lead by example to foster a culture of teamwork and operational excellence and embed BMS values within operational activities. Implement 5S, Lean Lab Operations and FIFO principles as appropriate.
- Develop and report KPIs for QC performance. Maintain high team performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives using operational excellence tools.
- Hire, mentor and develop team members to support business operations. Provide developmental feedback, coaching, and create a collaborative environment to enhance team performance and integration across site departments.
- Lead technical support/troubleshooting efforts. Approve investigations and creation of meaningful CAPA for improved lab/ system/ program performance.
- Foster collaboration and communication across shifts, QC Lab Operations, and cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Facilities, and QA teams.
- Collaborate with managers across the QC network to harmonize best practices.
- Represent department in regulatory inspections (internal and external audits). May author responses to inspection requests.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, preferably in science. Advanced Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a regulated environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute. Minimum of 4+ years in a leadership position.
- Advanced experience with sample and/or material management, Supply Chain, or Operations in pharmaceutical/Biotech GMP environment
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership experience required including management of direct reports. Management of managers preferred.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing and results-driven environment.
- Knowledge of LIMS, ERP (e.g., SAP, Oracle) and laboratory data analysis systems preferred.
- Experience in Lean and Six Sigma lean lab operation principles
Disclaimer: For any third parties or external agencies, please, be informed we do not accept unsolicited requests, proposals, applications or profiles for any of our roles at BMS.
Why You Should Apply
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.