Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
Bristol Myers Squibb Netherlands
Bristol Myers Squibb has been active in the Dutch market for over 50 years, employing people across a range of activities and business units in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
The Netherlands is also home to our first European Cell Therapy facility , located at the Leiden Bio Science Park, the largest life sciences cluster of The Netherlands. This new state of the art facility is focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. You can become part of this exciting journey. Check out this video if you want to know more about it!
The Netherlands has everything it takes to become the medicines hub of Europe, the so-called Boston by the North Sea. As we continue to expand our footprint by building this new site, we are looking to grow our team.
Would you like to become an important chain in our worldwide network to bring this new personalized treatment to patients suffering from blood cancer? Join us and be a game changer!
The new facility in Leiden is looking for a Laboratory Senior Specialist Raw Materials & Incoming Materials.
The Senior Specialist is the subject matter expert of all (raw) material testing and is responsible for conducting/supporting all activities on the raw material laboratory and incoming goods group. The (raw) material Specialist has the ability to interface with multiple groups, the ability to independently perform tasks, interpret results, and troubleshoot and lead investigations. Additionally, this position will be able to training others and to be the owner of assay transfers, verifications, and validations when applicable.
The individual will receive the appropriate training and support and will be involved in continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
Would you like to join a growing team? Learn new things? Apply your skills?
- Subject matter expert for (raw) material related topics.
- Apply scientific principles to assist in analytical testing methods and the proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Train new analysts to general job duties and method execution as applicable.
- Own assay transfers and testing of raw material samples (ingredients and excipients) as requested.
- Lead document revisions, project, CAPA, and investigation/deviation related tasks.
- Anticipate and perform trouble shooting independently.
- Perform peer review of testing data.
- Recommend corrective actions and participate in development of best practices. Prepare, present and own continuous improvement projects to management .
- Understanding the regulatory guidelines and can independently develop, write, and execute methods, protocols, reports, and other related documents.
- Complete all work in a timely manner.
- Work and communicate effectively within the team to ensure timelines are met.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in science (e.g., analytical chemistry).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, in a regulated environment.
- Hands on experience with various analytical techniques (e.g., HPLC, FTIR, Osmolality, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP and general Ph. Eur. analyses.
- Problem-solving ability/mentality, technically adept and logical.
- Ability to conduct laboratory investigation independently and to perform document revision and project, CAPA, and deviation related tasks.
- Agile and flexible, able to deal with changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, department management and cross-functional peers.
Disclaimer: For any third parties or external agencies, please, be informed we do not accept unsolicited requests, proposals, applications or profiles for any of our roles at BMS.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.