Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
Bristol Myers Squibb Netherlands
Bristol Myers Squibb has been active in the Dutch market for over 50 years, employing people across a range of activities and business units in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
The Netherlands is also home to our first European Cell Therapy facility , located at the Leiden Bio Science Park, the largest life sciences cluster of The Netherlands. This new state of the art facility is focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. You can become part of this exciting journey. Check out this video if you want to know more about it!
The Netherlands has everything it takes to become the medicines hub of Europe, the so-called Boston by the North Sea. As we continue to expand our footprint by building this new site, we are looking to grow our team.
Would you like to become an important chain in our worldwide network to bring this new personalized treatment to patients suffering from blood cancer? Join us and be a game changer!
As part of the Digital Plant department Manufacturing IT systems & MES for the Leiden Cell Therapy Facility (CTF), the Senior Specialist, System Administrator MES will be primarily responsible for administrating and maintaining the Syncade MES environments for the Leiden CTF.
Responsible for administration and maintenance of the MES application, its integration and support of the peripherals such as scanners and label printers
- Maintain and execute master data related activities as required
- Maintain and execute user access as required
- Create, maintain, and execute Configuration Designs
- Create and maintain labels and label formats
- Create and maintain MES reporting
- Actively monitor health of the MES application and its underlying hardware systems
- Support and execute activities required to upgrades the MES
- Perform and report out periodic reviews. Execute corrections and continues improvement of processes to maintain the validated state of the MES
- Actively manage and monitor performance and availability of the MES, collaborate and team up with CTF shared services for setting the responsibilities for Infrastructure versus application responsibilities to provide a flawless performance
Provide (second line) support for the MES application in case of a reported issue or unavailability, disrupting the CTF business processes. Support and help to restore availability in line with the business continuity, urgency, and severity of the disruption
- Co-responsible for uninterrupted 24/7 operation of manufacturing systems for CAR-T manufacturing.
- Preferably 2+ years’ hands-on experience with MES (preferably Emerson Syncade) in administration and maintenance of such a system, with some understanding of Electronic Batch Records (EBR) or Recipes and Review by Exception (RBE).
- Understanding industry standard integration protocols such as ISA 95, OPC. Knowledge of database technologies and (Windows) system administration
- Understanding of cGMP, GxP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, and good documentation practices.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, manufacturing and laboratory systems and equipment that support Biologics and Clinical manufacturing.
- A passion to learn and develop yourself
Disclaimer: For any third parties or external agencies, please, be informed we do not accept unsolicited requests, proposals, applications, or profiles for any of our roles at BMS.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.