Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
Senior Specialist Technician
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Under minimal supervision, the Specialist Technician is responsible for performing/providing/supervising maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting of mechanical/electrical equipment used in manufacturing, utility plants, warehouse and analytical labs at the production site. All work to be completed safely and to assure minimal impact to production while complying with cGMPs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Facility and Engineering support required for different utility systems and equipment, including air handling units, chillers, boilers, water systems, compressed air/gas and emergency generators.
- Contributes to the development and of user manuals, changes to existing .equipment/platforms by supporting installation per required procedures
- Provide technical support for equipment, ensuring continued compliance to applicable procedures.
- Creating/implementing maintenance plans and standard operating procedures
- Maintain pertinent documentation and equipment files, including drawings, O&M manuals, and service records in accordance with GMP record keeping practices.
- Guide and train the user and colleagues in the use and control of the systems and equipment.
- Supervise third-party technicians on maintenance, breakdowns, and projects.
Education and Experience
- Requires at least a MBO level 4 diploma, technical degree preferred and/or equivalent experience in facilities maintenance, metrology, automation, or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years total related experience in building maintenance, specifically including HVAC/air handling systems, heating/cooling systems, piping systems, electrical systems or instrumental equipment.
- Direct experience working in GMP facilities, including a thorough understanding of GMP record keeping and documentation practices.
- Experience in GMP Facilities and Operations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical systems and instrumental equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Building Automation/Management Systems is a pre.
- Ability to work in a later stage in 24/7 operation shift.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Unwavering commitment to implement and follow safety protocols and work practices.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.