Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
Position: Team lead Kitting & Material Delivery
Location : Leiden, The Netherlands
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contributes to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The Netherlands is home to our first European Cell Therapy facility, located at the Leiden Bio Science Park, the largest life sciences cluster of The Netherlands. This new state of the art facility is focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. You can become part of this exciting journey. Check out this video if you want to know more about it!
Leiden Site is seeking a dynamic People leader to join a highly motivated team of Materials Management and Supply Chain professionals. You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a minimal amount of direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities. You will be responsible for daily Kitting and Material movement Operations to internal customers in support of cellular therapeutic manufacturing during process transfers, routine production, and technology improvements. This role is accountable to manage a well-designed and integrated supply plan from controlled-non-classified (CNC) material receipt to manufacturing delivery, thereby ensuring adherence by the team to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), regulatory requirements and company policy while performing job functions.
- Oversee and participate as a working Lead the daily operations of a team of Material Handlers.
- Ensure daily scheduling of resources to meet workflow demands.
- Provide coaching to Material handling personnel in the areas of Safety, Quality & productivity.
- Perform / verify SAP transactions of inventoried materials and their movements. Troubleshoot inventory/transaction errors.
- Oversee on-the-job training program of new hires.
- Support /own process investigations & CAPAs.
- Identify changes in (electronic) documentation and equipment as part of continuous improvement.
- Provide input for metric reporting for the Kitting & Material delivery team, setting and maintaining high expectations for team performance & compliance with BMS Values.
- Compliant adherence to existing Kitting procedures and providing input in ensuring documents are technically sound, promote effective and efficient operations and comply with cGMP requirements.
- Serve as a back-up in the absence of direct manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant education or experience in Science, Facilities and Engineering on MBO / HBO level.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a cGMP Supply Chain, Biologics or process support environment.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP and MES.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts of materials management, planning and site production scheduling.
- Participation in and/or lead cross-functional teams to improve systems, processes, or internal/external performance.
- Ability to effectively communicate problem statements and viable solution options
- Experience with lean six sigma / 5S principles.
- General dangerous goods experience and certifications are a plus.
Why You Should Apply?
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Join us today!
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statem
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.