Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us .
The new facility in Leiden is looking for a Technician Incoming Goods.
The Technician QC Material Operations is responsible for performing routine activities such as visual inspection of incoming materials, including proper labeling and sample tracking. (S)he is also responsible for shipping materials to off-site locations and some general laboratory-related activities (checking stocks).
This role is a member of the Quality Control organization, working in a GMP environment.
Would you like to join a growing team? Learn new things? Apply your skills?
- Performs visual inspection of incoming materials.
- Performs peer review.
- Ships samples to outside testing labs, as needed.
- Performs routine lab maintenance activities per procedure.
- Performs other tasks as required to support the QC laboratories.
- Anticipates and troubleshoots problems.
- Recommends corrective actions and participates in development of best practices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements :
- Associate degree or higher. High school diploma/GED with 2+ years of relevant work experience will be considered.
- NL: MLO level 3 with 2+ years’ experience in a GMP environment preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a GMP environment, will be considered.
- Experience with basic laboratory processes and basic laboratory safety practices.
- Reliable and detail oriented with organizational skills.
- Knows how to work in a GMP environment.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management regarding task completion, roadblocks, and needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, deadlines and changing priorities.
Disclaimer: For any third parties or external agencies, please, be informed we do not accept unsolicited requests, proposals, applications or profiles for any of our roles at BMS.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Visit careers.bms.com/ eeo -accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.