Global VP Business Development - Vaccines, Virology & Gene Therapy
As Global VP Director Business Development you execute the plan, policies and goals of the business development department, for Vaccines, Virology & Gene Therapy development. This is a single contributor role initiating and developing relationships which will produce long standing productive partnerships and business growth in above fields. In this role you play an important role in transforming clinical research and deliver precision and predictive medicine and ultimately contribute to people live healthier lives.
Key objectives and responsibilities in this role:
Market Analysis and Strategy Development:
- Conduct comprehensive market analysis to identify opportunities and threats in across the virology CRO landscape, specifically vaccines, antivirals and gene therapy.
- Develop a strategic plan to position Cerba Research as a leader across vaccines, antivirals and gene therapy research and development.
Client Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain relationships with key target clients across the biopharma market.
- Expand the client base by securing partnerships, collaborations, and contracts for virology-focused research projects.
- Meet or exceed revenue targets by driving business growth through successful negotiations and deals within the virology sector.
- Create and implement innovative pricing and sales strategies to maximize profitability.
Product and Service Expansion:
- Identify opportunities to expand Cerba Research’ virology-related services and offerings.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop new service lines or improve existing ones to meet client demands.
Industry Thought Leadership:
- Represent Cerba Research at industry conferences, seminars, and events related to virology therapies.
- Establish the organization as a thought leader by contributing to publications, speaking engagements, and networking.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure all business development activities comply with regulatory standards and industry best practices.
- Mitigate risks associated with partnerships, contracts, and project execution within the virology domain.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Provide regular reports and analysis on business development activities, market trends, and revenue performance to the executive leadership team.
Strategic Alliances and Partnerships:
- Identify and forge strategic alliances and partnerships that enhance Cerba Research capabilities in virology therapies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to leverage synergies and drive mutual business growth.
Customer Satisfaction and Retention:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering quality services and fostering long-term relationships.
- Implement feedback mechanisms to continuously improve services and address client needs proactively.
- The measurable results might include meeting revenue targets, increasing market share in virology-related projects, successful establishment of strategic partnerships, growth in the client base, and the development of innovative service offerings.
Combining scientific expertise with business development skills is crucial for this role, enabling you to navigate the complexities of the field and drive growth for the organization.
- A relevant advanced degree in virology, microbiology, molecular biology, or a related field (Ph.D., MD, or equivalent) is preferred. An MBA or business-related qualification could also be valuable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in virology research, ideally within pharmaceuticals, biotech, or CRO.
- Experience in a leadership or senior management role within business development is highly valuable.
- Virology Expertise: In-depth knowledge of virology, including different types of viruses, their mechanisms, pathogenesis, and potential treatments/vaccines. This expertise helps in understanding client needs and offering tailored solutions.
- Industry Knowledge: A comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical, biotech, and CRO landscape, including regulatory requirements, market trends, and competitor analysis in the virology domain.
- Business Development Skills: Proven track record in building and executing business development strategies, identifying new opportunities, and establishing partnerships in the virology space.
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate teams, drive performance, and foster a collaborative environment within the business development division.
- Ability to think strategically, identify potential collaborations or acquisitions, and devise long-term plans to expand the company's virology-related services.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to effectively interact with clients, stakeholders, and potential partners.
- Financial Acumen: Understanding of financial metrics, budgeting, and forecasting to assess the financial viability of potential projects or partnerships.
- Regulatory Compliance: Knowledge of regulatory compliance and quality standards specific to virology research and development.
- The capacity to adapt to evolving technologies, methodologies, and market trends, while fostering an innovative mindset to stay ahead in the virology landscape.
- Strong networking abilities to establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, potential clients, and industry influencers within the virology field.
- The ability to assess complex situations, troubleshoot issues, and propose innovative solutions in virology-related business contexts.
We are Cerba Research and we are growing fast on a global scale. Working at Cerba Research first of all means that you contribute to improve global health. It also means growing your career in a dynamic, fast paced environment, where you can develop new skills and work on diverse projects. There is plenty of room for initiatives, we encourage you to take ownership, cooperate, keep learning and most and for all, have fun!
Sounds like you? Then please contact us, we would love to meet you!