Technical Support Technician
Are you passionate about technology? Do you possess superior analytical and organizational skills? Do you have affinity with a laboratory environment? As part of Cerba Research in The Netherlands, you can contribute to improve global health.
About the role
As a Technical Support Technician, you and the team are responsible for ensuring that all Lab equipment continues to function properly including periodic maintenance and that malfunctions are resolved quickly. You make sure calibration of equipment is carried out in a timely, structured and effective manner.
Are you the person who can do a small repairs on equipment? And you follow up with suppliers when they are on site for maintenance of the equipment.
You are able to read and review supplied documents, and document them in relevant databases. All with the goal of ensuring continuity of operational processes and minimizing any downtime, failures and deviations.
You will be working in the Facility Department located at the Rotterdam Science Tower.
Periodic Equipment Maintenance:
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance on various equipment and systems.
- Identify and resolve potential problems to minimize unplanned failures.
- Ensure compliance with maintenance protocols and schedules.
Supervise and Control External Technicians:
- Coordinate and supervise external technicians in maintenance activities.
- Check that work is carried out according to set standards and procedures.
First-line Handling of Faults:
- Respond quickly and efficiently to reported breakdowns and technical problems.
- Diagnose problems and provide immediate solutions when possible. And when not possible engage third parties.
- You will also be part of the availability team. This means that you will be available outside office hours for one week maximum once a month to deal with fault reports from our environmental monitoring system.
Are you our new colleague with independent work skills, and a service and quality-oriented attitude? You are a reliable person as you will be dealing with confidential information. You have excellent organizational and administrative skills. Furthermore, the ability to switch between different levels and having good communication skills are important. Lastly, problem-solving is at the forefront of your mind.
Needed education and background to be successful in the role:
- Ability to work according to procedures (quality-conscious)
- Ability to assess risks/hazards
- Good verbal and written communication in both Dutch and English
- Reliable with a strong sense of responsibility
- Hands-on mentality
- Technical (electrical, work construction and fine mechanical) insight and knowledge MBO+ level
- Knowledge and experience laboratory technology is an advantage
- Basic knowledge and experience with GCLP is an advantage
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Cerba Research is more than just a place of work; it is an organization of committed individuals united by a passion to advance world health.Serving clients in the global pharmaceutical and biotech industries, we are experts in serological, virological, and molecular approaches and work with a variety of viruses. Our experts are actively involved in international vaccine and antiviral research programs and is renowned for producing high-quality work that is supported by comprehensive virological and immunological research. As an equal opportunity employer, Cerba Research is fully devoted to promoting your professional growth and development. By joining us, you will join a diverse, socially active and highly motivated community. Our dynamic workplace emphasizes teamwork, continual learning, and finding fulfillment in your job while providing plenty of opportunity for skill development, participation in a variety of initiatives, and the possibility to take ownership of your role. As a reflection of our dedication to excellence, we also place a high priority on your work-life balance and general well-being.
Join our vibrant team that is dedicated to innovation in the life sciences sector, where you can have a positive impact while advancing your career of choice!