Manufacturing Manager, Leiden/NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic growing Biotech company with offices across Europe and in US, headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We pioneer for patients. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happener’.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Manager, Operational Excellence
Scope of the role:
We are seeking an Operational Excellence Manager to join the Galapagos Cell therapy Manufacturing organization. The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement initiatives across all facets of our internal manufacturing organisation and our global network of decentralized point-of-care manufacturing units for CAR-T cell therapy. This role collaborates with cross-functional teams, leveraging Lean Six Sigma methodologies and other process improvement tools to enhance efficiency, reduce waste, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards. The successful candidate has a passion for excellence, a track record of process improvement success, and a good understanding of the cell therapy manufacturing industry.
- Lead initiatives of operational excellence in the decentralized network of point-of-care manufacturing sites, production capacity modelling, automation/digitalization, production scheduling, cost of goods analysis, lean manufacturing, six sigma, data management, process/product monitoring, 5S, Kanban, etc.
- Utilize data analysis tools and metrics to identify process bottlenecks, define and monitor KPIs, and provide data-driven recommendations for improvement across the manufacturing team.
- Provide OpEx support to ensure consistency and control of the cell therapy manufacturing processes using a digital and fully automated cell culturing platform.
- Train and mentor staff in Lean Six Sigma methodologies or other process improvement techniques to build a culture of continuous improvement across the manufacturing organization.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with various departments, including manufacturing, quality, process development, and supply chain, to streamline processes and optimize resource allocation.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports on operational performance and improvement initiatives for senior management.
The Manufacturing Manager, Operational Excellence will report to the Associate Director Program Lead, Manufacturing
- BSc/MSc degree in life sciences, biotechnology, engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in process improvement, operational excellence, or related roles within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Black Belt) strongly preferred.
- Experience in GMP manufacturing, technology transfers, process validation, cell & gene therapy processes, project management would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software (e.g., Excel, JMP).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Result-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality and compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and spoken fluency in English
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As a ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At CellPoint/Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos/CellPoint, you will join a highly motivated team, eager to maintain our leading position and to achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. New team members have the opportunity to actively shape their position and contribute to our mission. Galapagos/CellPoint offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment. Flexible working hours can be discussed.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!