Principal Technician Quality Control
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic growing Biotech company with offices across Europe and in the US, headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We pioneer for patients. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happener’.
We are looking for a Principal Technician Quality Control to join our team in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Scope of the job
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Technician to join the Quality Control team in the Leiden Bio Science Park. You will be responsible for routine testing of our product and incoming goods using techniques for both analytical and microbiological testing such as ELISA, PCR and Flow Cytometry. In this position, you will also support method validation, method transfers, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting as well as taking an active role in implementing and following a GMP way of working.
- Test our products for release, characterization and monitoring purposes
- Test and release of incoming goods
- Perform method validations and method transfers
- Provide support for instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Provide support in maintaining an efficient GMP laboratory
- Take part in laboratory investigations
- Write procedures and support deviations, change controls and CAPAs
- Coordinate the lab activities
- Mentor the junior technicians
Who are you?
- BSc or MSc degree in life sciences, biotechnology, or related discipline with 3 years of experience working in a QC setting in the Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Min. 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based assays and PCR
- Knowledge of Microbiological methods is a plus
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company in a quality control setting
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring students or more junior colleagues in a team
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Self-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you?You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!