(Senior) Clinical Development Medical Director, Hematology/Oncology - Any Galapagos Location
Pleased to meet you, we areGalapagos, a dynamic growing Biotech company with offices acrossEurope and in US, headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest todiscover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gonebefore. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We pioneer forpatients. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spiritand status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. Weneed the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happener’.
We are looking for a (Senior) Clinical Development Medical Director, Hematology/Oncology - Any Galapagos Location.
Scope of the job
As (Senior) Clinical Development Medical Director, you are known to be a seasoned expert in the field we are building our Hematology/Oncology franchise and capabilities from the ground up. We have nascent programmes in multiple Hematology indications using our unique point of care model. In addition, we have an inspiring internal discovery programme combined with an active business development capability.
Together with our ambitious team, you will be the face of Galapagos to the external Hematology/Oncology community. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), providing scientific and medical expertise to internal and external stakeholders, driving the development and execution of clinical plans of our haemato-oncology assets to improve patient outcomes.
As a pioneer within Haemato-Oncology , you will bring your know-how to build Galapagos' capabilities. With your strong experience within Clinical Development, you are able to analyze our preclinical assets and visualize strong development plans. You envision the path forward to be transformational for our patients. Your Hematology experience will help us shape our unique and transformational Point of Care platform. You are able to contribute to the assessment and appraisal of external assets and their ability to contribute to our internal programs. With your drive, motivation and skills, we are looking to build a unique team and world class program to improve the outcome of patients with little time and very few treatment options.
- A recognized leader with a broad knowledge of the drug development process ,interpreting and applying scientific knowledge in the design and revision of clinical trials across various assets and diseases with rigorous research and statistical methodology to support regulatory authorities
- Ability to interact credibly with key functions internally and key scientific, regulatory bodies externally
- Strategic management of complex active development programmes and competing priorities
- Develop integrated innovative clinical development plans merging scientific rationale with regulatory imperatives
- Ability to educate, lead and mentor more junior members in the drug development journey
- Clear knowledge and expertise of publication planning
- Ability to build and establish a dynamic and inclusive culture with a positive, abundant mindset
- Prepare, attend and present at relevant medical and scientific conferences
- Conduct scientific research and contribute to the development of scientific publications
Who are you ?
- Medical degree (MD), additional degree in a scientific discipline is a plus (e.g. PhD)
- Significant experience or Board Certified Hematologist/Oncologist or Pediatric Hematologist
- 8 to 10 years of relevant clinical and clinical trial experience, in a hospital setting or in clinical development roles
- Strong knowledge of hematology and oncology, including disease states, treatment options, and current scientific developments
- Understanding of the fundamentals of bone marrow stem cell transplant, ideally with Clinical experience in this space; Experience in lymphoma, CLL or Multiple Myeloma
- Understanding of GCP, and good Quality, Compliance and Safety mindset
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with KOLs and other stakeholders
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, always exhibiting a high sense of urgency
- A desire to build something special from the ground up together with energized, driven and smart colleagues to forward the pursuit of human health
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!