(Senior) Scientist Process Development CAR-T, Leiden/NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic growing Biotech company with offices across Europe and in US, headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We pioneer for patients. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happener’.
For our Cell & Gene Therapy organisation in Leiden/NL, we are looking for a highly motivated (Senior) Scientist to join our growing Late-Stage Process Development team.
Scope of the role
As (Senior) Scientist you join the CellPoint/Galapagos' Cell & Gene Therapy Process Development team in the Leiden Bio Science Park to develop novel CAR-T cell production processes. Your primary focus is on late-stage process development , designing and executing experiments in support of ongoing process refinement, characterization, and validation to enable late-stage regulatory filings. You also serve as a Subject Matter Expert capable of contributing and leading in the generation of protocols, reports, procedures and regulatory submissions. Your work directly improves the current and next generation of CAR-T cell products.
The (Senior) Scientist Process Development reports to the Director Process Development.
Who are you?
- PhD degree in life sciences, biotechnology, or related discipline, preferably with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Our Point-of-Care model operates with the Cocoon® Cell Therapy Manufacturing Platform for which experience with automated cell processing equipment is valuable (such as Prodigy).
- Proficiency with design and execution of flow cytometry-based experiments
- Ability to design experiments, analyse data and present results through protocols-reports, and presentations
- Highly collaborative with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Self-driven and can-do mindset, without compromising quality
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!