Associate Director, Digital Product Manager, Research Data & Analytics
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
As a product owner in our Research & Development IT & Digital team, you will have a critical role in the execution of the Data and Lab Integration Product. This product aims to link key foundational systems in Research, organizing data, pipelines, and processes from our existing data products platform and supporting the Discovery AI/ML Antibody design Lab. These platforms are crucial for our organization's data-driven decision-making processes, supporting various AI/ML and data governance projects.
You will collaborate with our Data & Analytics platform team, as well as our Data Science and AI colleagues, to ensure that our data platforms are not only effective, secure, and integrated, but also flexible to adapt to the changing needs of our researchers and data scientists/AI product teams. In this role, you will guide an Agile Team of 6-12 specialists, converting product vision, business requirements, and user needs into a well-structured backlog and realistic user stories. Your responsibility also includes defining and monitoring measurable Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring alignment with our strategic goals.
As Associate Director, Digital Product Manager, Research Data & Analytics you are focusing on improving value in each product release through efficient backlog management and prioritization. Your expertise will be crucial in setting and measuring business and customer metrics, using them to inform the development priorities and direction of further development of such data products.
- Supervise the Product Oriented Delivery (POD) model, ensuring its success and application in the development and utilization of data products across the research value chain.
- Lead and handle the DataOps team through the entire data product lifecycle, from ideation to deployment and maintenance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product owners, and data scientists to define and prioritize data product requirements and roadmap, aligning with organizational goals.
- Supervise the design, development, testing, and deployment of high-quality data products, implementing agile and DevOps methodologies for efficient delivery.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship within the team, promoting a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Handle budget planning and allocate resources for both product development and ongoing operational support.
- Track and report on data product performance, addressing any issues affecting quality or user satisfaction, and optimize processes for improved efficiency.
- Act as the user’s representative in product feature discussions.
- Write and prioritize backlog user stories based on user, business, and technical needs.
- Work within a cross-functional team to clarify requirements and delivery expectations.
- Maintain a proactive approach, staying ahead of the team’s sprint planning and aligning deliverables with readiness criteria.
- Lead multiple use cases/data products simultaneously, establishing processes for intake, assessment, and decision-making.
- Lead Agile Team’s scrum sprint planning to reaffirm priorities.
- Define and track success metrics, using them to guide prioritization.
- Coordinate with other Product Owners across Research and Development to handle dependencies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and internal Product Development Life Cycle (PLDC) standards.
- Coordinate with an Agile coach for regular feedback and establish training and support practices for end-users.
- Oversee the execution and reporting of the RDAP product, adhering to timelines and quality standards.
- Collaborate with the Data Governance Council to implement governance policies and data security measures.
- Monitor and handle data compliance with regulations and industry best practices.
- Conduct monthly meetings with business and ITD leaders to present the health of product delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, Biotech, or related field required, MBA or Master’s degree in strategy, management, engineering or a related field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology such as Jira, Confluence, and ideation tools such as Aha.
- Proficiency in AWS cloud services. This should cover fundamental AWS services like EC2, S3, Sagemaker, Batch, Lambda, and RDS, as well as an understanding of AWS networking and data services.
- Experience with popular AI and ML tools and platforms such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras and MLOps frameworks such as MLflow, Kubeflow or Weights & Biases
- Knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry with an emphasis on early discovery.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in delivering digital/data products in a research-oriented biotech or pharmaceutical organization with a strong background in data science.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification and project management experience are preferred.
- Having certifications or experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or working in scaled agile delivery are valued as an advantage.
- Track record of building data products in compliance-driven environments, with CSPO certification highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively across various business areas.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology, including tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Validated experience in leading and successfully delivering AI/ML projects.
- Experience with early Discovery and technology innovation projects
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills, with experience running distributed teams globally.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company with a core purpose guiding its unstoppable team to strive towards improving the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics. For more than 20 years, its passionate, innovative and collaborative team has invented next-generation antibody technology platforms and leveraged translational research and data sciences, which has resulted in a proprietary pipeline including bispecific T-cell engagers, next-generation immune checkpoint modulators, effector function enhanced antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. To help develop and deliver novel antibody therapies to patients, Genmab has formed 20+ strategic partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. By 2030, Genmab’s vision is to transform the lives of people with cancer and other serious diseases with Knock-Your-Socks-Off (KYSO™) antibody medicines.
Established in 1999, Genmab is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with locations in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. and Tokyo, Japan.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.