Contract and Outsourcing Manager
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
This role will manage and advise the end-to-end contract & outsourcing process for research services and research collaborations across the research areas with external service providers and (academic) research organizations to facilitate timely, fit for purpose contracts . The role will support the operationalization of the contract & outsourcing strategies and practices to improve values, minimize risk & cost, ensure quality, and creating scalability in a dynamic and growing business demand setting.
This is a temporary role for 6 months, with possibilities for an extension. Are you looking for a diverse role in which you can evolve your expertise within a dynamic, growing biotech company? Genmab might have a great opportunity as Contract and Outsourcing Manager!
- Managing the vendor selection and onboarding process
- Managing the contract process (initiation, negotiation, execution, and amendments) for (monetary) agreements i.e., material transfer agreements, task orders/statement of works and change orders and being involved in the (master) services agreements, licenses agreements and/or sponsored research agreements lead by senior team members
- Supporting senior team members in vendor governance including performance management e.g., contract issue escalation and resolution as well as risk mitigation and process optimization, identify improvement and trending activities for better collaboration with the provider
In addition, this role will take part in the further development of the global outsourcing, contract management and vendor governance processes together with the entire R&D Contract Management team and stakeholders in R&D, Legal, IT, Finance, Compliance, QA, and Procurement.
- ≥ 3 years experience with laboratory work and/or research outsourcing in the bio-pharmaceutical industry or from a contract research organization or other relevant providers e.g., laboratory services
- Master's degree in life sciences is preferred
- Negotiation and vendor management experience
- Solid experience in working with contract management systems
- Knowledge and understanding of drug development
- Experience with working in a matrixed business environment, managing multiple commitments and stakeholders while prioritizing conflicting demands, maintaining focus on the objective, and providing high quality service to both internal and external stakeholders
- International experience is preferred
- You are a skilled communicator with the ability to consolidate and convey information with a clear voice
- Fluent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Good stakeholder management skills, including building trusting relationships
- Hands-on mentality, solution-driven and a team player but also able to work independently
- Comfortable in a fast-paced expanding company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company with a core purpose guiding its unstoppable team to strive towards improving the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics. For more than 20 years, its passionate, innovative and collaborative team has invented next-generation antibody technology platforms and leveraged translational research and data sciences, which has resulted in a proprietary pipeline including bispecific T-cell engagers, next-generation immune checkpoint modulators, effector function enhanced antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. To help develop and deliver novel antibody therapies to patients, Genmab has formed 20+ strategic partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. By 2030, Genmab’s vision is to transform the lives of people with cancer and other serious diseases with Knock-Your-Socks-Off (KYSO™) antibody medicines.
Established in 1999, Genmab is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with locations in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. and Tokyo, Japan.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.