IT Associate Engineer
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Lab IT Support Engineer to join our team. As a Lab IT Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to our laboratory staff and ensure that our IT systems and infrastructure are running smoothly.
You will be part of the community of Lab Support Engineers across our offices in the Netherlands, Denmark and USA, in which you will help secure high standards and best practices as well as adoption of the technologies we implement.
- Process incoming service desk tickets from ServiceNOW ticketing system
- Provide effective guidance on software and hardware used in the Lab
- Installation of client and Lab equipment
- Configure, deploy and maintain Computerized Lab Systems
- Manage assets of both Hardware and Software for the Lab
- Assist in Change Management activities
- Provide technical support for laboratory equipment, hardware and software, including troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Install, configure, and maintain laboratory software and hardware systems, including laboratory instruments and devices.
- Set up, configure, and maintain laboratory network infrastructure and associated equipment.
- Work with vendors and internal IT teams to ensure laboratory systems are compatible with company IT standards and policies.
- Provide training and support to laboratory staff on the use of laboratory equipment and software.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of laboratory IT projects, including upgrades and migrations.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of laboratory IT systems and services.
What we ask
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field, with a focus on AI and machine learning.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in laboratory IT support.
- Experience in developing and implementing AI-based solutions for laboratory workflows.
- Industry experience from Pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Experience with scientific software and hardware, and laboratory instruments.
- Experience with network infrastructure and security, including LAN/WAN and VPNs.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team player who can collaborate effectively with laboratory staff and internal IT teams.
- Experienced in a client-facing environment.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.