Open Application Internships
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Internship Opportunity at Genmab: Empowering Future Biotech Leaders
Are you passionate about biotechnology and eager to gain hands-on experience at a leading company in the field? Genmab, a pioneering biotech company, invites dedicated and motivated students to join our dynamic team for an enriching internship experience.
Genmab is at the forefront of developing innovative antibody therapeutics to improve the lives of patients. Our innovative research and development programs have made us a leader in the biotech industry, with a global presence and a strong commitment to excellence.
As an intern at Genmab, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the biotech industry. This is a unique chance to contribute to groundbreaking projects and gain invaluable insights into the world of biopharmaceuticals. A unique opportunity to gain experience in the industry, next to your gained experience in academia!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support ongoing research and development projects;
- Conduct experiments, analyze data, and present findings to your colleagues and mentors;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute innovative ideas to advance our scientific initiatives;
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and documentation;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to enhance your skills and knowledge;
What We're Looking For
- Enrolled in a relevant academic program at a recognized university in the Netherlands;
- Strong interest in biotechnology, immunology, oncology, or related fields;
- Curiosity, adaptability, and a proactive attitude towards learning;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
What You'll Gain
- Hands-on experience in a world-class biotech company;
- Mentorship from industry experts and exposure to pioneering research;
- Networking opportunities with professionals and fellow interns;
- A chance to make a meaningful impact on the future of biopharmaceuticals;
Location : Science Park, Utrecht.
Duration: 6 - 12 months. At Genmab, we believe in providing interns with a truly immersive experience. To ensure maximum learning and growth from both sides, we recommend internships lasting between 6 to 12 months, as this timeframe allows for a more comprehensive and enriching experience. For this reason, we have chosen not to accept shorter internships.
To apply for this internship opportunity, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant (lab) skills. We will contact you when there is an internship position matching your profile.
Join us at Genmab and be part of a team that is revolutionizing the biotech landscape. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.