Research Associate, Cell & Molecular Sciences
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Join our dynamic Cell & Molecular Science (CMS) department as a Research Associate! We are part of the Antibody Discovery Technologies (ADT) department and focus on developing and implementing cutting-edge molecular biology capabilities and processes to drive antibody discovery. In this role, you will utilize yeast and ribosome display screens to identify antibody variants that target specific therapeutic objectives. Don't worry if you don't have prior experience with display technologies – we provide intensive on-the-job training. The data you generate will be instrumental in identifying lead compounds, optimizing leads, and contributing to a groundbreaking international collaboration that involves building a state-of-the-art deep-learning antibody-design model. Additionally, depending on your skills and interests, you will have the opportunity to receive training in Python-based analysis of the display NGS output.
As a valued member of our team, you will:
· Apply your up-to-date practical skills in molecular biology to support our Technology Innovation research within the ADT cluster.
· Prepare input libraries for yeast and ribosome display, involving tasks such as library cloning, yeast electroporation, in vitro transcription, and mRNA purification.
· Conduct library panning over multiple rounds against targets of interest using stringent selection methods.
· Prepare NGS libraries from the display outputs.
· Employ flow and plate-based methods to screen and optimize leads.
· Collaborate with our automation team to set up a ribosome display on a liquid handling robot.
· Accurately record your scientific results in electronic notebooks, prepare reports, and contribute to presentations for effective dissemination of findings.
· Contribute to the smooth operation of our molecular biology lab by maintaining tidiness and timely reagent ordering.
· Demonstrate a proactive, creative, and self-critical approach to learning.
· Thrive in a dynamic environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously and adapting to evolving requirements.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual with a strong foundation in molecular biology techniques. If you have a genuine enthusiasm for molecular biology, are creative, and determined, this position is perfect for you. Moreover, the following professional requirements should be met:
· Possess a BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or a related discipline.
· Exhibit a strong desire to further develop your skills in molecular biology and contribute to the development of new antibody-based cancer medicines.
· Enjoy learning new molecular biology techniques and demonstrate a good understanding of the underlying theory and mechanisms.
· Show an affinity for technology and a willingness to contribute to the setup of new technology within the lab.
· Have broad practical experience with molecular biological techniques, including molecular cloning, PCR, and vector design.
· Possess strong communication skills and are unafraid to express your opinions.
· Demonstrate a strong drive, work with accuracy and efficiency, and pay attention to detail.
· Enjoy working collaboratively in a team, sharing responsibilities, and constantly seeking ways to optimize processes and improve quality.
· Experience with flow cytometry-based screens is an advantage.
Join our team today and contribute to groundbreaking research in the field of antibody discovery! Together, we can make a difference in the fight against diseases. Apply now to embark on an exciting career as a Research Associate in Cell and Molecular Science!
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.