Senior Manager, IT (AWS) Data Architect
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Unlocking the Future of Healthcare
Join us at Genmab, where we're on a mission to shape extra[ not ]ordinary futures. Together, we're pioneering groundbreaking therapies that redefine cancer treatment and transform patients' lives.
In your role, you'll be at the forefront of innovation, collaborating with experts in business analytics, enterprise architecture, data governance, and data science. Together, we'll craft the future of healthcare. You'll architect and maintain reusable assets that power cutting-edge reporting, predictive alerts, and AI/ML solutions, taking concepts from experimentation to real-world impact.
Based in the picturesque Netherlands, your journey begins in Utrecht, with 60% of your time onsite.
- Engage in deep architectural discussions, translating business needs into technical brilliance, ensuring customer success in the cloud-native world, powered by AWS and Snowflake.
- Lead the charge in defining Genmab's research data lake ecosystem, a game-changer in itself.
- Spearhead data cataloging efforts, unleashing the potential of technical metadata in Collibra.
- Collaborate closely with business leaders and Enterprise Data Governance to establish a robust Business Metadata Structure.
- Navigate the realms of Enterprise Data Lake Ecosystem, aligning with Enterprise Architecture, Security, and Privacy.
- Craft architectural schemas, painting a vivid picture of data entities that drive our vision.
- Define data architecture standards that ensure data's journey from ingestion to consumption is seamless, secure, and efficient.
- Innovate with cross-functional teams, turning agile prototypes into creative solutions for complex data challenges.
- Dive into sprint planning, backlog management in JIRA, and thorough documentation in Confluence.
- Partner with vendor resources, ensuring the best practices are embedded in every development project.
- Contribute to the Data & Analytics strategy, shaping capabilities, services, and budgets.
- Uphold data quality and compliance standards, including GDPR, in every data product.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest data technologies and industry trends, keeping Genmab ahead of the curve.
- Over 7 years of experience in data and analytics, with 8+ years as a data architect.
- A track record in designing and building cloud-native applications, modern data warehouses, and more.
- Hands-on experience with AWS native services, and familiarity with Collibra, Snowflake, and Databricks.
- Deep expertise in data architectures, enabling Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, and Data Mart implementations.
- Proficiency in dimensional data models and data analysis, optimizing queries with engines like Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Athena, and Aurora.
- Experience in building API services and web-based applications.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, and bonus points for R and SAS experience.
- A friendly nod to data preparation and virtualization tools like Alteryx, Trifacta, Denodo, and Starburst.
- A history of working with GxP and non-GxP data is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills across all organizational levels.
- A solid grasp of Agile delivery management and DevOps.
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional teams and providing oversight to external managed services providers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an unwavering thirst for continuous learning, with a knack for coaching.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
Are you ready to be part of the Genmab journey, where we build not just careers but extraordinary futures? Join us today
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.