Senior Research Associate, Documentation
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
As a Senior Research Associate for Documentation within the CMC Science & Technology Documentation Group, you will play a crucial role in supporting the CMC Science & Technologies department. Your primary responsibility will involve writing scientifically sound source documents related to CMC development. This includes documentation pertaining to process and analytical development, bioassay development, and cell line development. These reports may serve as essential source documents for assay transfer to contract manufacturing organizations and global regulatory submissions (IND, CTA, BLA, etc.).
Ideally, you will possess a robust technical scientific background, encompassing the core techniques of the department, such as protein chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, ELISA, SPR, and cell-based functional assays. Furthermore, you should possess a keen interest and aptitude for crafting technical reports related to antibody development. Genmab is growing and so is our CMC department. We are enthusiastic about expanding our team and welcome a new colleague who thrives in a dynamic environment and is dedicated to helping others achieve exceptional results!
Are you looking for a diverse and exciting position in which you can evolve as a person and grow in your own expertise?
Genmab might have your dream job as a Senior Research Associate for Documentation!
As a Senior Research Associate for Documentation, you will contribute significantly to our documentation efforts surrounding the development of groundbreaking antibody products:
- Writing high-quality reports and concise summaries of CMC data, which will be instrumental source documents for regulatory filings (IND, CTA, BLA, etc.)
- Participating in a cross-functional team of CMC writers, supporting the project teams to deliver projects and generate results
- Contribution of innovative ideas through comprehensive literature reviews and database searches
- Serving as a sparring partner for the expertise teams and demonstrating strong analytical skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology or related academic discipline, combined with a strong talent for writing scientific documents
- A passion for and expertise in the writing of regulatory documentation
- Experience in protein bioanalysis, bioassay, and/or cell line development according to regulatory guidelines
- A detail- and quality-focused mindset
- A focus on achieving the goals set for the company and individual sub-teams
- A personality that is pro-active, that takes the initiative and responsibility, enjoys collaborative teamwork, and inspires others with your passion
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Work experience in a (biotechnology) company is an advantage
- Experience in utilizing ChatGPT or other large language models for data management and writing is an advantage
- The ability to balance several projects in parallel and prioritize appropriately
- A desire to work in an agile, fast-paced, and collaborative organization
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.