Senior Research Associate, Translational Research
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Join our dynamic team as a Senior Research Associate in Translational Research (TR) and embark on a six-month journey of discovery!
As a vital member of the TR team, nestled within the global Translational & Quantitative Science (T&QS) department, you'll be at the forefront of groundbreaking preclinical and translational research for cutting-edge antibody products. Dive into the exciting world of preclinical development and early-stage clinical exploration, where innovation knows no bounds. Your mission as a Senior Research Associate is crystal clear: unlock the secrets of our antibody products through a fascinating array of in vitro experiments. Your findings won't just stay in the lab; they'll play a pivotal role in determining the future of these novel antibodies. Get ready to shape the translational strategy that will catapult our products into clinical success!
In your daily pursuits, you'll wield an impressive toolkit that includes multicolor flow cytometry, cell culture, functional cellular assays, live cell imaging, and immunoassays. Collaborate closely with the TR lead, the mastermind behind our translational strategy, and the TR Scientists, the architects of our preclinical research strategy.
- Be the driving force in our collaborative team of Scientists and Research Associates, ensuring the timely delivery of preclinical study results.
- Take the reins in designing, planning, and executing experiments for your assigned preclinical research studies, showcasing your extensive expertise in immuno-oncology and cell biology.
- Let your creativity shine as you help shape the preclinical research strategy by proposing innovative experiments based on emerging data and staying updated on the latest literature.
- Transform your experimental findings into valuable insights, presenting them to the wider project team, and contributing to the grander translational strategy.
- Lead the charge in assay development, optimization, and implementation, setting the gold standard for quality.
- Elevate your own work and the team's performance with your unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Armed with an HLO education or equivalent in a relevant life science field and over three years of lab experience in either industry or academia.
- Dive deep into the world of immuno-oncology, wielding expertise in multicolor flow cytometry, cell culture, functional cellular assays, and immunoassays.
- Your precision and efficiency shine in experiment execution and result documentation, and you're a pro at data analysis and interpretation.
- Your enthusiasm and goal-oriented mindset make you a valuable asset in any team, and you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- Initiative is your middle name, and you constantly seek opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills while contributing to various projects.
- Show your independence by planning, designing, and executing experiments with limited supervision and navigating tight timelines with ease.
- Communication in English is second nature to you.
Join us on this exhilarating six-month journey with the possibility of extending your stay, and be part of something remarkable in the world of translational research!
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.