Senior Scientist, Cell Line Development
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Within the Cell Engineering and Sciences (CE&S) department at Genmab, we are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Scientist to support our Cell Line Development team. Are you looking for a exciting position in which you can evolve as a person and which allows you to grow in your own expertise? Genmab might have your dream job as Senior Scientist, Cell Line Development.
The CE&S expertise team of professionals in which you will work, is responsible for the development of stably transfected cell lines, selection, cloning and stability studies of protein producing cell lines for CMC support and upstream manufacturing processes. In this role, you will be responsible for the optimization and development of Cell Line Development processes, which are needed for our development support. Your primary responsibilities will be keeping track of innovation and optimizing processes together with the Vector Design team, the Cell Line Development team and Upstream Process team. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- With your up-to-date knowledge and vision
- You will help building capabilities to design and prepare processes for stable cell lines for production and have experience with DoE
- You have experience in automation and proactively look for ways to increase efficiency and optimize work processes
- You understand how to validate equipment and how to set up experiments to validate these in our processes
- You will understand our codon usage and signal peptides in CHO-based projects in CLD and have a background knowledge with vector design
- You will be flexible and will update our teams
- You work together alongside the Vector Design team, the Cell Line Development team and the Upstream Processing team, with research associates, scientists and managers
- You collaborate and connect with relevant stakeholders inside and outside of Genmab
- You will understand and gather data for reports and guarantee the quality of our processes, which are needed for GMP grade antibody production
- You will be flexible and providing transparency for these processes
- You work alongside the CE&S team with Research Associates, Scientists and managers
You have relevant experience in Cell Line Development, take initiative, enjoy working in a team, and inspire others with your enthusiasm. Of course, you are interested in creating more efficient processes in the field. More specifically, we ask the following of you:
- You have broad knowledge of reporting and documentation in a GLP or GMP environment
- You are highly motivated to write documents and collect data
- You have a broad knowledge of, and experience with, Cell Line Development. Work experience in a (biotechnology) company is an advantage
- You take an active role in your field of expertise, for example in optimizing processes related to Cell Line Development
- You take initiative, enjoy working in a team, and inspire others with your enthusiasm
- You are flexible and capable of running several projects parallel to each other, adjusting priorities appropriately together with the team
- You recognize the importance of working according to our Quality System
- You have strong communication skills and a proactive approach to working in a team
- You are a strong team player and have extensive experience working in collaborative project teams. As our new Senior Scientist Cell Line Development you are detail oriented, flexible to change focus
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.