Vice President, Head of Antibody Research & Technology
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
VP, head of Department - Antibody Research & Technology
Are you an experienced and inspirational science-driven leader with outstanding achievements in the engineering and development of therapeutic antibodies? This might be a great growth opportunity for you.
As Vice President and head of the Antibody Research & Technology (ART) department, you will be located in the Netherlands (Research facility Utrecht) and manage a team of experts identifying and developing new state-of-the-art antibody technology platforms (formats) to drive the expansion of Genmab’s antibody product portfolio. You will work in a matrix organization, closely collaborating with department heads, team leads, and scientists in cross-functional project teams within the Discovery organization. In addition, you will champion long-term strategic initiatives by fostering disruptive innovation that will positively impact Genmab’s portfolio.
As head of the ART department, you report to the Head of Discovery, whereas the four ART team leads and operational manager of the department report to you. You will work closely together with the program manager of the New Formats & Technology program.
- With your natural leadership skills and support by the operational & resource manager, you will lead the ART department, which consists of 4 teams of team leads, scientists, and research associates (40 employees).
- You will be responsible for the strategy and deliverables of the ART department covering the discovery, development, and translation of therapeutic antibody platform technologies together with the ART team leads and program manager.
- Together with the Head of Discovery and the program manager, you will align the New Formats & Technology program with the other Discovery programs and Discovery departments.
- As department head you will champion the ART department in the Discovery Management Team, driving decisions on mid- and long-term strategies impacting the Discovery organization.
- With your drive in advancing the application of new antibody formats both within and outside the organization, you are eager to combine science and business activities as part of your daily responsibilities.
- With your professional business skills and scientific background, you enrich Genmab’s scientific ecosystem by comfortably communicating scientific content across different levels within the organization and with (potential) external collaborators.
- You will identify and establish relationships with potential industrial partners and act as a representative for Genmab’s (proprietary) technology platforms.
- You foster (new) academic collaborations to shape antibody format knowledge.
- You will present at and participate in conferences in the field of Antibody Biology and Immuno(onco)logy.
- You will promote publications (patents/papers) by your team that contribute to Genmab's Scientific reputation.
You have a creative mindset, foster a culture of innovation, like to be challenged, and are motivated to operate in a science-driven business organization. You are a convincing, energetic, and enthusiastic person with an open mind for collaboration.
- You have demonstrated leadership and vision in rapidly changing organizations and established a team culture that fosters exploration and innovation.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of relevant Research & Development experience within the biotechnological and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- You have a broad knowledge and a strong track record in structural biology and/or computational biology to complement the existing antibody biology and protein engineering knowledge.
- You have experience and knowledge in antibody biology, antibody engineering, and antibody-related technologies.
- Experience in the field of oncology is considered advantageous.
- You have been actively involved in filing patents.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.