Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, infection and emerging viruses. Gilead Sciences Netherlands is a biotech company based in Amsterdam (Zuid-as). With a dedicated, diverse team of more than 55 colleagues we are passionate about making medicine available for patients with life threatening diseases
Does this inspire you? Join our ambition to create a healthier world for patients!
What are your responsibilities?
- The objective of this position is to provide administrative support, in the broadest sense, to the NLT (Netherlands Leadership Team) and dedicated to the General Manager (GM).
- Your responsibilities are supporting the GM prioritizing the workload and following up on actions. At the same time being the first point of contact for affiliate and external stakeholders for appointments for the GM, supporting the NLT as a group, interfacing with vendors and all sorts of stakeholders.
- You are responsible for coordinating events and meetings. You liaise with guests and speakers to assess needs and coordinates, as needed, such activities as travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations. May assist with facilities space planning or office set-up. Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period of time.
- To daily responsibilities entail under manager’s direction, creates draft reports, documents, presentations, and templates using raw data. May gather data using internet searches. Understands the goals and objectives of the affiliate and contributes to the attainment of those G&O's. Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly.
- The main stakeholders you work with is very wide. Think of the Netherlands Leadership Team, the Netherlands Admin team, Gilead international and external stakeholders.
- The team you work in is the admin team who all support different teams and managers in a cross functional way. Currently the Netherlands Admin Team counts 4 persons. Although they all work for and in different teams, the cooperation is important, especially as there are many interfaces. Also you will be working with international admin team, working in the different countries supporting different leaders. And of course, you will be supporting the Netherlands Leadership Team as a group and especially the GM. You report into the GM.
- The working environment is very friendly and familiar. No day is ever the same. You work entails different time zones and you are involved in all the Leadership Team does and accomplishes.
What are your qualifications?
- You have experience in being an executive assistant or project manager in a large international organization. For this positions proficiency in the following language is required: Dutch and English, both fluently.
- You are experienced in Office 365 and have strong administrative skills. You are able to build relationships with the stakeholders and you understand the needs of a Leadership Team and especially a GM.
- Competencies to be successful in this role is to be able to work in teams and independently, strong in communications and a strong sense of responsibility. You are pro-active, stress resistant and flexible.
- Fit in the team? Key characteristics of the team are, they give each other feedback, have a great sense of humor, hard-working and very much involved and driven.
Excited to join?
We invite you to apply using the apply button.
We welcome people from all walks of life and if you don’t meet all requirements or your experience does not perfectly align with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the candidate we are looking for! At Gilead we believe everyone is unique and different abilities are what help us push toward our vision.
Your application will be reviewed by our talent acquisition team. The typical interview process consists of interviews with talent acquisition, with the hiring manager and as a next step with members of cross functional team. For some positions a business case presentation is part of the interview process.
Gilead Sciences is a US based biopharmaceutical company that brings innovative medicine to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer, with the goal to create a healthier world for all people.
Our Amsterdam team consists of a diverse mix of talented people that is proud of what has been achieved and ambitious about what can be achieved in the future. We work closely together, cross functionally, in a fast-paced, agile working environment where we have success together and learn together from challenges. We believe that everyone has talents, and we are committed to supporting everyone in their development to unlock their potential. We facilitate hybrid work and have office days to offer social and business connection to the team.
We are highly committed to creating an equitable culture that is reflective of the diversity of the communities we serve. It is important to us that all people can bring their full selves to work independent of background, race, religion, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation etc. Inclusion is more than a commitment to us; it is the foundation of who we are and what we do. Our core values are at the forefront of all that we do: Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, and Inclusion.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘Know Your Rights’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com