Posted Date: Nov 13 2023
Main responsibility will be for the creation and implementation of the marketing strategy and business plan of the General Medicines pharma portfolio, with emphasis on the respiratory (ELLIPTA) portfolio.
- LEADERSHIP : Lead the cross-functional Brand Team by providing a clear strategic vision, and by embedding a winning mindset for the portfolio within the organization. The leadership role extends to external customers / stakeholders at all relevant levels.
- INSIGHTS & EXPERT MARKET KNOWLEDGE : Continuously seek to interpret and embed customer and market insights into all brand activities by synthesizing qualitative and quantitative feedback from various sources (field visits, market analytics, market research outputs, customer conversations, Key Account Management feedback, etc). Be the product, competitor, and market expert for the portfolio.
- BRAND PLANNING : Develop and implement annual strategic and operational brand plans through cross-functional collaboration; integrating customer / market insights and analytics. Ensure that a solid financial base is in place.
- OPERATIONS / EXECUTION : Deliver promotional campaigns and all marketing materials with operational excellence and in alignment with LOC and above country guidelines, the ethical code, and internal GSK policy. Ensure Advertising & Promotion (A&P) budgets are defined in close collaboration with the Finance Partner and Business Unit Head.
- FIELD ENGAGEMENT : Liaise closely with the cross-functional team to receive market and customer feedback, embed campaigns, and provide brand vision and leadership. Ensure full understanding of the rationale and insights that underpin campaigns, messages, and marketing actions.
- DRIVE PERFORMANCE : Drive brand performance through the cross-functional team to maximize brand potential; deliver versus the agreed targets, actively pursue opportunities, minimise risk, and ensure that course corrections are in place.
- EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENTS : continuously gather customer insights and seek the feedback on marketing inputs and campaigns from External Experts, HCPs, Members of Medical associations & Pharmacists.
- DIGITAL ACTIVATION : Lead the brand team to drive digital capabilities and engagement. Co-create compelling digital customer journeys, leveraging market insights.
- Higher education in Business- or Life Sciences-related studies.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, and strong analytical capabilities.
- You have previous marketing experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven cross-functional matrix leadership.
- Fluent in Dutch (or Afrikaans) and English
Preferred Qualifications or Experience:
- Marketing, or Digital Communications experience.
- Strong communication and engagement skills.
- Experience with brand planning processes and translating strategy into execution.
- Experience using multiple channels of marketing mix, and evidence of successful implementation through digital channels.
- Prior agency or consulting experience.
- Prior pharmaceutical marketing/sales/medical experience preferred – 5 years minimum.
- Prior experience in respiratory medicine is a plus, but not essential.
- Ability to engage with opinion leaders and understand the stakeholder perspective.
- Flexible thinking and ability to continuously innovate and learn.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.