Posted Date: Oct 30 2023
Job Purpose :
The Communications Manager is accountable for external and internal communications.
The role establishes and maintains a constructive collaboration between GSK and media stakeholders in order to enhance GSK’s visibility and reputation, in line with strategic GSK business priorities.
This role is also accountable for the development and implementation of internal communication activities in alignment with the strategic LOC and commercial priorities to enhance engagement and to build a strong company culture.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Director Corporate Affairs and the Manager Public Affairs and communication support from selected external agencies.
- High-level (social) media-monitoring;
- First contactperson and spokesperson to media & press and create news opportunities in line with the (corporate) communication strategy
- Development and implementation of external (corporate) communication strategy in line with local and Global policy and aligned with internal communication plan and activities including;
- Coordinate briefing and advise of Corporate Affairs Director, Public Affairs Manager and General Manager and other local leader on certain themes for external communication purposes (e.g. corporate presentations, interviews);
- Development of qualitative good Corporate materials for external use
- Develop partnerships and regular contacts with media and PR stakeholders (e.g. national newspapers, radio, TV) in order to understand their particular needs and perspectives;
- Identify mutual interests, plan and execute focused communication initiatives aligned with business priorities.
- Contactperson for Communicators network Europe (e.g. EPAN/EGAN) and Global.
- Collaboration with the Manager Public Affairs about trends and media
- Develop and implement internal communication strategy with support of MT
- Coordinate internal communication with Management Team, including the company newsletters, regular projects up-date via intranet resources and other channels
- Develop and introduce the system and/or tools of internal communications like channels, style and aligned with overall internal communicationstrategy
- Take a hands-on approach when necessary to organize face-to-face, tc, broadcast, virtual and/or digital communication opportunities as appropriate with leaders across the company. Organisation and logistics of events like summer-academy and winter-forum are out of scope for this role.
- Support company initiatives related to the GSK social responsibility area
Issue and crisis management:
- Coordination of internal and external communication around issues and crises situations. This in close collaboration with relevant functions depending on the specific issue or situation;
Coordination and development of statements, key messages and Q&A’s;
- Minimum degree: Academic Communication
- Senior level stakeholder management experience
- relevant network and pharmaceutical/health care knowledge and expertise
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, media or public affairs.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.